• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Strom-A-Thon Texas 2014 May 2-4 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive eaten at Bolling Club & had a good meal. it was a while back though. lunch specials came in 3 diff sizes...sm md lg! you musta had the small. anyone got anuther suggestion?? (NOT COOPERS)

Sent from my SCH-S720C using Tapatalk 2

Other direction Willow creek cafe,Mason Texas. I will eat at Sonic or DQ before I eat at the Bowling alley again. The smoking section does not help my pallet either.

COOPERS in Llano

Who'd like ta be the first in line (that's a pun) for a $22 pork chop with beans & tea??? not me ... I got roads to ride.

I almost forgot.... Stonewalls Pizza & Subs is great too... & right downtown. Lots of diff stuff on the menu.

Alamo Springs Cafe off the tunnel road near Luckenbach. Darn good burgers and not far from Blanco.

Alamo Springs Cafe off the tunnel road near Luckenbach. Darn good burgers and not far from Blanco.

Their food is outstanding but you need to carve out at least an hour as they are normally very busy on weekends.

We should not have any shortage of good eats ? nor great riding, with both old and new friends .
?

ATGATT.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We should not have any shortage of good eats ? nor great riding, with both old and new friends .?

Very much looking forward to the weekend and getting to know everyone.

Countin' the days....:rider:

Can't wait!

BTW, I'll be riding to Llano on Thursday afternoon from Dallas and tent camping. Is anyone else arriving Thursday night?

Looking forward to meeting everyone, testing a bunch of new gear:
New tires (Heidenau K60s)
New camping gear
New soft panniers
New raising links
New waterproof boots

...and riding the Hill Country!

TelephoneTX_zps1e68f07e.jpg

I'm another thumbs down for coopers.

I like Alamo Springs ok, but agree; we would be there longer than we want to, waiting to order, waiting for food, waiting for ticket...

CANNOT wait to have another steak at Castell's.

Thumbs up for City Cafe in Fbg and the pizza joint in Stonewall.

Looking forward to it, yall!

....depending on how my knee recovery progresses, and whether or not I can drive, I might just have to join you for this one.

Well wishes on quick healing from you knee surgery. [emoji3]

And it would be great if you were able to join us for a lunch or dinner but healing first [emoji16]

ATGATT.

I'm another thumbs down for coopers.

I like Alamo Springs ok, but agree; we would be there longer than we want to, waiting to order, waiting for food, waiting for ticket...

CANNOT wait to have another steak at Castell's.

Thumbs up for City Cafe in Fbg and the pizza joint in Stonewall.

Looking forward to it, yall!

If I member it right... Sunday is steak day at Castell.... Sat is Q ... & weekdays are burger days.

Alamo Springs might not b as busy on Friday...?

Stonewalls should b open all weekend.. but not sure

City Cafe will definately b a Sat stop... early lunch/late brkfst

COOPERS in Llano

Who'd like ta be the first in line (that's a pun) for a $22 pork chop with beans & tea??? not me ... I got roads to ride.

I almost forgot.... Stonewalls Pizza & Subs is great too... & right downtown. Lots of diff stuff on the menu.

Stonewalls has good burgers,did not really care for their CFS. Check their hours,we ate at another place because they were already closed. Park across the street for an easier time leaving. KP

If I'm not mistaken I think I might have saw one or two posts buried deep somewhere in this thread about riding and routes? But in the last two days about 30 posts about food and eating. hahaha

I checked the map and within a mile of the hotel there is a DQ, Pizza Hut and Subway so I'm covered. I'm worried more about the coldest beer in town and ample supply. But I plan on following Will around for the dirt roads so I'm hoping he has the 411 on the best beer depot.

Also as of yesterday Lone Star Hotel has only a smoking room with single kingsize bed left. Best Western and Day's Inn are fully booked. Llano Motel (325) 247-5786 has double rooms for $55.95 + tax but from my impression on the phone it could be a dive.

_

And the camp ground should also fill by Saturday night.
What a great turn out for a first year event. [emoji15][emoji2]

Lee
ATGATT.

Last edited:
We'll have plenty of roads ta chooz from... Ya'll jus remember ta bring yer Butler maps if strikin out on your own. Folks who are gettin one from me... jus look me up.. or I can leave yours with someone if needed

I am getting excited about this. Looking forward to take a dip in the blue hole, some riding, eat at Castells, some more riding, hang out in the tent camp, maybe ride some more. See all of you very soon.

Scott, wishing you a good recovery

Blue hole? What blue hole? Should I be bringing a swim suit?

Ahhh Ha! Read post 1.
After today's near century temp mark we all may be heading to the Blue Hole [emoji4]

ATGATT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back