• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Texas Dirty Map Project

a4avequ9.jpg

It's there! On the horizon! Yonder way! The end is in sight!

:doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh::doh:

Last edited:
What town/intersection is close to the end of the purple track way south, the one that just ends?

That purple end was temporary as I didn't have all the notes translated from SOG's map to Basecamp.

Back working on it tonight.

Y'all shouldn't try to ride based on the pics. Or maybe you should. Could get tres interesante. Real quick in places. :) we are coming along at an ever increasing pace. I sent David ( and by "I" I mean TXJames sent David) a whole bunch of GPS voodoo stuff tonight. Some from my previous RTB routes and one from swaanimal through the grasslands.

Can't wait for this to be "finished" so I can run this route. Would make for a perfect getaway from work when my vacation time starts.

Heard from the beta testers. I think they are down for the night. Sounds like a pretty good day through pretty country but some of it right behind the county crews. Uh- Oh! Some very fresh fluffy gravel and some maybe that day piled up maintainer scree. The county folks usually start blading after a rain. But...BigDon will hopefully be in front of the crews tomorrow. ;) All part of the CR game!

But I will let them tell their story. When they chill for a little. ;)

I have been thinking about a comment Don made in one of our conversations yesterday. He suggested that "if" I wanted to save miles/time on the route I could cut most/a lot/some of the roads to the East. Hmmm.

And TXJames has been consistent in his characterization of the route as "The Infinity Loop". Hmmm.

So. Know that I am listening. I hear ya. But...for now, I want to concentrate on making "this" version of the route as attractive as possible. As exciting as possible. As dirty as possible. Shorthand rendition? As fun as possible.

There are at least three instances where I added miles of 3/10 and 4/10 unpaved roads to this northern section knowing full well that I was adding some "dull" or at least "less exciting"" to the mix. Once to get Edge Road on the map. It wasn't easy. I think everyone so far agrees that Edge is exceptional in North Texas. It's a real keeper.

But as you scouts, Beta testers and early adopters ride the route, please think qualitatively about each road segment. Make notes. Rate each segment. I am taking all comments into consideration. Shorter is only better than longer when it makes the ride more fun. Time/distance is somewhat down the criteria list. For now. Tightening the route up. Making it as much of a roller coaster thrill ride as we can get in North Texas by different tweaks and road choices. That's where we are. For now. ;)

Keep riding and keep the pics and comments coming.

"The Infinity Loop"

I would save that title for the next one you do that circles as close to the borders of Texas as it can get. Only about 2,842.3 miles.. :rider:

"The Infinity Loop"

I would save that title for the next one you do that circles as close to the borders of Texas as it can get. Only about 2,842.3 miles.. :rider:

Don't give him any ideas. The way this is going it'll be closing in on or breaking 2,000 miles just running North to South. :eek2:

Don't give him any ideas. The way this is going it'll be closing in on or breaking 2,000 miles just running North to South. :eek2:

Shhhhhhhhhh. We don't want to scare them.

Pics from today. 30 scant minutes apart.

tegadahe.jpg

Captioned " Andrews Road. Excellent !"

a4yzu8ys.jpg

Ooops.

Well, some people just can not do without all their electronic gadgets to keep from getting lost.

That's why the other of us are called 'old school'. :mrgreen:

Hey now... i may be young but I still prefer a paper map. The "screen" is bigger. :D

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Heck. I'm lost after the first four steps from the bed. Why would this be any different?

In other news, Curtis and BigDon are up and rolling. Hmmm. They are up and their tires are rolling. Curtis is no longer rolling. He's hopefully done with that. ;)

Mission aborted. Broken ribs = Highway home . Be careful out there, folks. "It's all fun and games, until it ain't."

Next up. Cleatus on his Guzzi hack is heading out to run the Steal Easy and Fort Griffin option loops. Give'emHell, Keith .

Mission aborted. Broken ribs = Highway home . Be careful out there, folks. "It's all fun and games, until it ain't."

Next up. Cleatus on his Guzzi hack is heading out to run the Steal Easy and Fort Griffin option loops. Give'emHell, Keith .

No good!

Be careful coming home.

Back