• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

SAN ANTONIO: Any interest for a group?

Well, we are getting a better turn out than I originally thought! I am hoping that the majority of us will meet up this Sat. at the Medina Pie Run. After that, we can start our on group meeting that are before the Pie Run dates so they don't interfere. Just a reminder, I am hoping this group forms more about the meeting up and making friends then putting rides together. We all have different bikes so some street only/ some both. Hopefully there will be some rides AFTER we meet and eat, but wanting the meeting to be priority. The hard part will be identifying each other at the pie run if you go. So we need to figure that out. I am easy, just look for the guy with something stuck to the side of his head! I have a cochlear implant, no its not blue tooth!

Well,, I'm not much of a social creature. I don't have a lot to say.
I like to sit and talk while eating, but then it is time to ride.
Maybe this will be for me, maybe not. Won't know till we see what it produces! Certainly willing to give it a try.

Everyone is saying "look for this bike" in order to find each other in Medina.
I don't know what different bikes looks like, and I doubt people will be standing by the bike the entire time!
Just an idea, but what about pre-picking a table?
"Outside: picnic table closest to the street" Inside: table furthest from ordering window" something like that.
And maybe a marker of some kind you can put there that says you are there?
Just throwing out ideas. This ain't my rodeo, and I ain't driving the bus!

Neal, no worries, we are very similar then. Since I lost my hearing and having to read lips, I am more of a watcher especially if its a somewhat large group, too hard to follow along. A smaller group I'm usually okay with, but for me, the more time spent with someone the easier it is for me to follow along. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a problem talking, just have to get to know the person/people a little bit first. I'm just glad your willing to come along.

As for a predetermined spot, I have no idea what the set up is like, haven't been there for years. I can't remember what part your coming from, but if you don't mind riding with someone on a little 250 you more than welcome to meet up and ride out with me, so is anyone else for that matter. I am taking the "long" way out which is leaving Helotes, out to park road 37 (left), right on 1283, go about 4 miles to Left on English Crossing Rd, follow all way down until it turns into Bottle Springs Rd which comes out onto 173 just SE of Bandera. Then I'll just take 16 to Medina. Not a very technical road, but off the beaten path instead of just trolling along on 16 the whole way. I will be at the Shell Station in Helotes (at the light by CVS and across from Valero) probably around 9:15 with a KSU about 9:30. We will probably get there a bit early, but oh well. If someone else knows the layout of the restaurant better than me and come up with a meeting spot for the SA folks, please chime in.

I'm also going to start a name post since not everyone has there name attached to their profile. If your okay with doing that then list it, I know what it's like to meet up and try and start remember profile names. So:

JRW69 = Jay

I'm also going to start a name post since not everyone has there name attached to their profile. If your okay with doing that then list it, I know what it's like to meet up and try and start remember profile names. So:

JRW69 = Jay

pazzo - Joe

I'm gonna try to meet at the shell station, but don't wait up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Change of plans, Visit to Grandkids has been re-scheduled for next weekend,(may 3) son had an Army conflict come up.
So i intend to be at the shell Station in Helotes . I will leave the GoldWing at home and be on my black Triumph Thruxton. If I not there by 9:30 don't wait for me..I will just head on to Medina

Dketchum = Dave

As for a predetermined spot, I have no idea what the set up is like, haven't been there for years. I can't remember what part your coming from, but if you don't mind riding with someone on a little 250 you more than welcome to meet up and ride out with me, so is anyone else for that matter. I am taking the "long" way out which is leaving Helotes, out to park road 37 (left), right on 1283, go about 4 miles to Left on English Crossing Rd, follow all way down until it turns into Bottle Springs Rd which comes out onto 173 just SE of Bandera. Then I'll just take 16 to Medina. Not a very technical road, but off the beaten path instead of just trolling along on 16 the whole way. I will be at the Shell Station in Helotes (at the light by CVS and across from Valero) probably around 9:15 with a KSU about 9:30. We will probably get there a bit early, but oh well. If someone else knows the layout of the restaurant better than me and come up with a meeting spot for the SA folks, please chime in.

Jay,
Tables inside and outside. Easiest one to remember would be picnic table outside, as far from the building as possible.
sooo.. in the this pic: http://goo.gl/maps/mQvYa
It would be the brown blob furthest south.
(Yes, I realize the tables may have moved, but there will always be ONE that is furthest from the building.. right?)

Hmmm.. to say you are there and from SA.. dunno. You come up with something or.. we can just ask anybody who goes to that table.

As far as the meet in Helotes and ride. Sounds like a plan to me. Good roads.
I should be there on time. As others have said. If I am not there at 9:30, take off without me.

Neal

Just found this thread. I would be interested in a meet up along the I10 Hwy 16 corridors as I live in the Pipe Creek area. This would be favorable for those who wanted to ride afterwards as the are lots of good roads not to far.
I plan to go to Medina this Saturday. Would anyone be interested in meeting at Hwy 16/Hwy 46 intersection for a back road route to Medina, or even breakfast in Helotes or Boerne to get this meetup started, then ride out to Medina. - Bill

Just read the thread in more detail!!! I'll meet you at the beginning of PR 37. and try to keep up. - Bill

Last edited:
Just found this thread. I would be interested in a meet up along the I10 Hwy 16 corridors as I live in the Pipe Creek area. This would be favorable for those who wanted to ride afterwards as the are lots of good roads not to far.
I plan to go to Medina this Saturday. Would anyone be interested in meeting at Hwy 16/Hwy 46 intersection for a back road route to Medina, or even breakfast in Helotes or Boerne to get this meetup started, then ride out to Medina. - Bill
I am taking the "long" way out which is leaving Helotes, out to park road 37 (left), right on 1283, go about 4 miles to Left on English Crossing Rd, follow all way down until it turns into Bottle Springs Rd which comes out onto 173 just SE of Bandera.
I will be at the Shell Station in Helotes (at the light by CVS and across from Valero) probably around 9:15 with a KSU about 9:30. We will probably get there a bit early, but oh well. If someone else knows the layout of the restaurant better than me and come up with a meeting spot for the SA folks, please chime in.

Bill,

We will be going up 1283, so if you want to be at the other end of Bump Gate, that would probably work... unless, of course, you want to go down to Helotes and meet what those of us are there.. there.

Neal

Just read the thread in more detail!!! I'll meet you at the beginning of PR 37. and try to keep up. - Bill

Just read your re-read of the other read. See you at PR 37.

I live in Boerne and ride a 2013 KLR650. Love to ride up and around the Hill Country. I would be going on the pie run, but have to go on a family outing for a birthday on Saturday! My wife loves to ride on the back so most likely she will come along on some rides. I will monitor this thread as often as possible. Good riding weather is upon us!

Hey Bill, glad to see you found the thread! Haven't seen you in ages! Don't worry about the speed, as you know I won't be breaking the sound barrier either! It's about the ride, not how fast it is. We'll have a good leisurely pace as I am not familiar with the turn off of 1283, just looked like a decent/different way and thought I would try it.

Dave, glad you can come along now! The Thrux maybe a bit bored at our pace so hope we don't make it too boring!

Guys, I'm not in a rush at all. I was just kind of guessing on the time, and since I have never done the route off of 1283, I don't have much to go on. I'm not bothered when we take off from the shell station. I will have to head on back after lunch/pie, so no exploring or sisters for me, but I did the sisters about a month ago anyway. I need to head back and help my folks a bit at their new house.

phsablue, next time, have a great day! Keep watching this thread and after we all meet we will set a time and place for just our group meeting up in SA. Probably going to shoot for the 2nd Saturday morning of each month to try and meet up if everyone seems to think that would work.

Jay

Hey Dave! Glad your going to make it! No camping for me!

Bill, I forgot to mention, how about we meet in the parking lot at 1283/37 Shell Station (yes another Shell Station)? We can all pull in dismount for a bit, introduce you to the others then head out. Let me know!

Jay

I,ll be waiting at Hwy 16 and PR 37. No need to stop. Just give a come on wave to the olive drab Ural and I will fall in behind. We can then stop at the Lakehills Shell to greet if you would like to. There could be others that would like to join in Lakehills also, but I haven't seen them post. - Bill

I'm in for sure, possably with wife on back,I'll be at the Shell on 37 and 1283.
What time do you think I should expect everyone?
Proforguns=Mike wife =Julie

Hey Mike, sorry I am just now getting to this. I was helping my folks at their new house tonight. I would expect we should be there somewhere around 9:45am. Bill is meeting us at 16/37 and we are just waving him on, so he will probably just jump on the tail end. We will stop there for you and probably take a small break, let everyone introduce themselves to you and Julie, top up with gas if need be, then head off. If anyone else reads this and needs to text me, remember don't call, I don't talk on the phone, my number is 210-638-9770. If I'm riding you'll have to wait till I stop before I answer!

Jay

Okay folks, sure was nice to meet everyone and I appreciate the turn out we had. We were still minus a couple that couldn't get to the pie run. Looks like we have a pretty good group to get things going. I propose we meet on May 10th at Magnolia Pancake Haus 10333 Huebner Rd. San Antonio, TX 78240. I also propose 9AM, because this place is VERY popular and the line starts growing pretty early. If I can get a decent count by 2-3 days before, then I will have my wife call them and see if we can reserve a table (depending on the number coming). As mentioned before, I thought the second Saturday of the month would be good especially for those that will go on the pie runs. It gives a Saturday "off" between the two events. Let me know if this sounds good to anyone. I am by no means in charge of the group so anyone can suggest anything and will let majority rule. Same goes for rides afterwards! Have a great week!

Jay

I'd be interested in meeting locals as well. I'm at the 281/TPC parkway area. JRW69, just a heads up that May 10-11 is essentially "Mother's Day" weekend so some people may be tied up. Just thought i'd mention it.

I down for kicking this off as suggested by Jay with a possible ride afterward

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm interested in seeing more SA area rides, particularly dual sport rides. Unfortunately I cannot make the 10th, but I'll try and make the next one!

Ok I'm in for the 10th. Just can not stay for a ride. Need to be at work at 11:00pm Saturday night.

Back