• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Motorsports Ranch, Cresson

Wish the outcome of this one was better. This is from last weekend's CMRA races going clockwise, I managed to dip in the 19s before crashing out of 1st place coming out of the Rattlesnake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqi1v4P_BnU

1:19 is Outstanding !!!

1:19? Gads!

See what we gotta get our times down to so we can be competitive - this is depressing :(

Are you going to Cresson this Saturday?

I don't like the 3.1 but am riding anyway to get more seat time
Guess I'll go easy on the 1.3 & practice lines, markers, braking & form on the 1.7
Will be missing putting it all together out of Rattlesnake into & out of Wagon Wheel ...oh well

Nah, sitting this one out Bill. I won't do long course until mgmt gets around to filling in those ditchs. I got my times down to the lower 1:20's a few times. Realistically, I'll prolly not put in the effort/time to do much better than upper 1:20's any more...and that was the other way. :lol2: I will say that I definately like backwards better at MSR-C though. No place else, save maybe TWS when we got to run it, gave you as much work on rh turns. I always toss these tires with one good side left on 'em too...

*edit* Actually the slower pace is usually more fun to run with a group of folks who can do it consistently. More fun to go out and goof with a group of 3-4 than race I think. It's what makes riding with the instructors in lvl2 so much fun. They are usually very predictable if you get the chance to have a little fun. Lvl4 can be fun, but the rider skill level is unpredictable at best, even with number plates. ;-)

Wish the outcome of this one was better. This is from last weekend's CMRA races going clockwise, I managed to dip in the 19s before crashing out of 1st place coming out of the Rattlesnake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqi1v4P_BnU

FInally got to watch it when I got home - good video.
Wish the camera was a little higher for a better view of the track
What bike are you riding ?
Big V twin?
I miss my old big V twin sport bikes - nothing like them !

Nah, sitting this one out Bill. I won't do long course until mgmt gets around to filling in those ditchs. I got my times down to the lower 1:20's a few times. Realistically, I'll prolly not put in the effort/time to do much better than upper 1:20's any more...and that was the other way. :lol2: I will say that I definately like backwards better at MSR-C though. No place else, save maybe TWS when we got to run it, gave you as much work on rh turns. I always toss these tires with one good side left on 'em too...

*edit* Actually the slower pace is usually more fun to run with a group of folks who can do it consistently. More fun to go out and goof with a group of 3-4 than race I think. It's what makes riding with the instructors in lvl2 so much fun. They are usually very predictable if you get the chance to have a little fun. Lvl4 can be fun, but the rider skill level is unpredictable at best, even with number plates. ;-)

I don't like the 1.3 either :(
Wish I could get down to the lower 1:20s or see a 1:19 like tardypizza !
At my best last year I was 1:32 - post crash I have lost years of work - back to 1:45s (barf)
Anyway I going Sat. & maybe I will find my lost Mojo....or continue with the long road to building a new Mojo

FInally got to watch it when I got home - good video.
Wish the camera was a little higher for a better view of the track
What bike are you riding ?
Big V twin?
I miss my old big V twin sport bikes - nothing like them !

Yeah, good call on the camera height. I usually run it about 2 inches higher with another mount but this was a last minute scramble as I realized the batteries were dead at 3rd call!

That's the Aprilia RSVR, which now needs bodywork, clip-ons, brake lever, air intake, rear brake, left rearset and whole whole litany of other minor repairs. Gotta love racing!

We'll be doing counter-clockwise in 2 months. This was my first time going clockwise but I've gone the other direction before so I'm pretty sure I can see 18s and maybe high 17s. Assuming I don't crash :trust:

What caused the crash? Bike didn't sound right just before you went down, so was it mechanical?

I agree on the camera height, but I could sit and listen to that rumble and growl all day long. I've always wanted to get into the big twins race, I'd just like to be in the middle of all of that when the race starts. Man what a sound!

Yeah, good call on the camera height. I usually run it about 2 inches higher with another mount but this was a last minute scramble as I realized the batteries were dead at 3rd call!

That's the Aprilia RSVR, which now needs bodywork, clip-ons, brake lever, air intake, rear brake, left rearset and whole whole litany of other minor repairs. Gotta love racing!

We'll be doing counter-clockwise in 2 months. This was my first time going clockwise but I've gone the other direction before so I'm pretty sure I can see 18s and maybe high 17s. Assuming I don't crash :trust:

18's & 17's are smoking fast.....maybe someday I'll get in at leasst one lap that fast.

What caused the crash? Bike didn't sound right just before you went down, so was it mechanical?

I agree on the camera height, but I could sit and listen to that rumble and growl all day long. I've always wanted to get into the big twins race, I'd just like to be in the middle of all of that when the race starts. Man what a sound!

The audio doesn't match up very well there, one of the drawbacks of processing avi's on an outdated computer - the audio and video get processed at different rates when the processor can't keep up.

If you notice on the previous lap the rear steps out right after the apex of the last left before the straight. On that final lap the rear stepped out again, I backed off a little and it came back then got back in the gas and it stepped out more, I backed off again but the chassis was too far out of wack (and I was up out of the seat!) and it pushed the front right out.

In hindsight I should have stuck right behind him until the last lap. We were doing low 20s and I didn't have to push quite that hard. He would gap me on the straights but I could reel him in on the brakes, especially in the Wagon Wheel, which would have set me up for that same pass in the Rattlesnake on the final lap.

Oh well...

20/20 hindsight again.

Ok, that makes sense about the audio. Watching it and listening it sounds like it's cutting out as you tip in, which would be bad if it had actually happened that way. Thanks for the clarification.

Back