• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

My ride to Yarnell (AZ)

Texas T

LD Rider
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
This was only my second time on the mountain so I didn't push it very hard as you can tell by the sport bikes zipping past me. I only scraped pegs three times. I need to learn to hang my butt out to the side.
:sun:

Six min video. It starts as I pass the group I was riding with and then cuts to the beginning of the climb. Several sport bikes pass me even though I might be bending the speed limit a little bit myself. I tuck in behind a Burgman 650 who was also part of our group and broke out ahead of me. I wait behind him until the last sport bike passes me and then I pull out to pass.

They serve a great breakfast at the Ranch House at the top.

Sorry it's so dark, it was one of those rare cloudy days in AZ.

Very Nice... What is your camera set up? I am impressed with the quality, even coming off of Youtube, this is pretty good! I just knew that at around the 3:42 mark, that that was one of those photo enforcement ford explorers that I HATE. Seems everytime that I am in AZ I see those things parked on the side of the road.

Duke, this was done with the GoPro Hero HD camera mounted on the nose of the bike just above the headlight and just below the windshield. I've tried mounting it on a ram mount looking through the shield and on the top of the left crash bar. The windshield view is ok, but since you see the vent cut-out I thought it was distracting. The crash bar mount view is pretty cool but it picks up too much valvetrain noise and you hear more of that than you do the exhaust tone.

When they place speed enforcement vehicles/cameras on the road they have to place warning signs ahead of it and then again 300 yards ahead of the vehicle. I was only concerned that it was an actual cop but the sport bikes didn't slow down so neither did I.

You can barely hear me scrape a peg in that left hander past the Explorer. You have to listen close to hear it though.

I'm going to reverse mount the camera somewhere on the bike to get a shot of the road behind me as soon as I can figure out where to put it.

Duke, this was done with the GoPro Hero HD camera mounted on the nose of the bike just above the headlight and just below the windshield. I've tried mounting it on a ram mount looking through the shield and on the top of the left crash bar. The windshield view is ok, but since you see the vent cut-out I thought it was distracting. The crash bar mount view is pretty cool but it picks up too much valvetrain noise and you hear more of that than you do the exhaust tone.

When they place speed enforcement vehicles/cameras on the road they have to place warning signs ahead of it and then again 300 yards ahead of the vehicle. I was only concerned that it was an actual cop but the sport bikes didn't slow down so neither did I.

You can barely hear me scrape a peg in that left hander past the Explorer. You have to listen close to hear it though.

I'm going to reverse mount the camera somewhere on the bike to get a shot of the road behind me as soon as I can figure out where to put it.

Hi! What setting did you use, as they give you 5 choices. I have one and I find it to be too wide unless on 1920 X... . You does not look wide. Wish they made an HD NOT Wide!...
r4 I think is their regular setting, r3 is at 60 for slow motion playback... Just curious.

Thanks and be well... Ara & Spirit

Back