• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Twin hill motorcycle ranch

Marty

My Email is Dead!
Reaction score
With Muenster closed for the weekend, lets try some place new and a little closer, hoe about saturday?

Twin Hills Cycle Ranch

Here is what TxTrails has to say:

Twin Hills
Bridgeport, TX
Latitude: 33.189
Longitude: -97.8113

Twin Hills Ranch has around 1900 acres available for riding. There are lots of woods, hills, creeks, sand and rocks. Something on the order of 15-20 miles of trail. They are open from 4:00pm on Friday until 9:00pm on Sunday. No facilities but there is a convenience store at the entrance to the park owned by the same people that own the riding area.

From the Denton/McKinney area: Take 380 WEST through Bridgeport. 4 miles west of Bridegeport, turn NORTH on to 1658. On 1658, go about 1 mile and look for the Twin Hills Convenience Store at the top of the hill.

From Dallas: Take 635 WEST past D/FW airport to 121 South. Take the HWY 114 Bridgeport exit. Stay on HWY 114 WEST and turn left on 380. Turn RIGHT onto CR1658 and drive five miles. Twin Hills Convenience Store will be on your right just past the lake and dam. From Ft Worth:Take I-35 NORTH to HWY 287 towards Decatur. Exit HWY 114 and follow directions from Dallas above.

Last edited:
Apparently there was a trials event out here this weekend.

From all accounts, it's perfect for the trials group.

We were going to make it, but ended up in Tishomingo, OK to ride instead.

My dad and I were out at twin hills weekend before last. Nowhere near as big as Red River, but similar terrain in places (doesn't seem to get quite as difficult though). Plenty of fun to be had, has some single track, lots of wider trails, and several areas that are fun to play in/practice at. It's probably not good for a 2-day trip, but it's only $10 - give it a try!

Fair warning up front - trail marking as of now is almost non-existent, although there were some regulars there talking about doing some marking. The guy who owns the store also owns the land, so if it sounded like fun, you could always ask permission to staple up some arrows. Luckily it was not too crowded, so we didn't have any issues with riders going the wrong way, but I do like marked trails better!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=spzao-Cvg6E"]Rio Bravo 05-13-2012[/ame]

A really OLD thread but, thanks for the update all the same!
I plan to give Twin Hills a try this fall or winter. Had every intention of going there before but just never made it out there.

Is that the one were you pay at the convenience store?

If so, I've been out there one time. Reminded me a lot of Rocky Ridge. Had a lot of fun when I was out there. It had several fun, rocky hill climbs.

If you ever want to head out there again (or any place else in the area Red River, Rocky Ridge, etc.) let me know... heck I'm itchin' to ride even in this ridiculous heat... ummm, maybe early morning though :giveup:

We raced there several years ago, didn't know it was still open. I'll have to check it out. Do they allow camping?

Any of you guys ever go to Trophy Club? Made it out last weekend and not too bad. MUCH smaller than Red River, but MUCH closer too. Should be quite fun when it cools off.

I go to Trophy Club quite a bit, or at least I did last year because it is only about 20 min. from my house. I usually go when I don't have a lot of time or when I am riding solo (if you break the bike, you wont have to push it far, if you break yourself you wont have to crawl very far).

It is very small but that's fine. What I don't like about it is that even though most of the trails are supposed to be one way, people (myself included) often get turned around. Additionally, this time of year with everything grown up you really have to watch going around the corners... I fear the head-on collision and have had several near misses. I feel like I have to ride very tentatively out there.

Is it just me, or are the GPS coordinates not inline with the driving directions?

Some more videos I found. [ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uqm6pwfOZRM"]Twin Hills 7-28-12 - YouTube[/ame]
[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=452VQOQl8No"]DFW Trail Riders Twin Hills - YouTube[/ame]

I'll see some of it my self at a trials competition this weekend.

so lets here about twin hills the trails not your old girlfreind lol and the trails event story please update were waiting :sun::sun:

The trials terran was great, me not so much. I only rode 4 sections before I lost the ability to kill with the switch. Of the ones I rode I stalled on the first, so got a 5, on the second got a 5 for breaking a ribbon, after taking the advanced line. Got a 1 on the 3rd and a 5 on four for putting a foot down.
I had fun and the loop between 4 and 5 was a steep down hill with lots of small boulders. and drops.
Here's some of section 2 experts.
https://youtu.be/vSZPtSz5zi8

Super old thread, I know....

I've never been out to Twin Hills before and didn't know if anyone here has had some recent recon on it? From what I've heard, they held a TCCRA race out there this year, so I didn't know if that course is still marked? Do they close if it rains or is it rain or shine? I'm thinking about heading up there this weekend and checking it out, but wouldn't mind some intel before making the trip.

There were quite a few trail markers still up 3 weeks ago. The start is not marked at all. Start is in the bottom. If you follow the main road all the way back you can park in the bottom and then continue on the road back to an open field and the track is pretty obvious through the open field and down into the creek and back up. Should be pretty easy to follow and then should start to see the trail markers. The track does have some easy and difficult marked splits but doesn't designate which is which. I think they do close when it will be muddy, but I am not sure of that. They may post on FB if going to be closed. My 2 sons, grandson and I ride there and really like it.

There were quite a few trail markers still up 3 weeks ago. The start is not marked at all. Start is in the bottom. If you follow the main road all the way back you can park in the bottom and then continue on the road back to an open field and the track is pretty obvious through the open field and down into the creek and back up. Should be pretty easy to follow and then should start to see the trail markers. The track does have some easy and difficult marked splits but doesn't designate which is which. I think they do close when it will be muddy, but I am not sure of that. They may post on FB if going to be closed. My 2 sons, grandson and I ride there and really like it.
Thanks James! Late last night I found some videos of some guys riding out there and it does look quite rocky out there. Just from seeing what I saw last night it actually looks like it might be a fair bit more difficult that Red River in places. Thoughts?

Most of the new track is tight but not difficult. There are parts of it that are very rocky and challenging. Lots of other trails there that are not rocky or hard at all, but none of them are marked. There is some 2 track that just about encircles the property that you can explore trails from. I think it compares pretty favorably to RR, just smaller. I'd say it is worth a day trip to see what you think. As a side note we went and watched the TCCRA there and it was a hoot. They also have some trials competitions there that are wort watching.

We finally made it out there and I’m kind of kicking myself for not getting out there sooner. For $10 it is an awesome (albeit quite technical) place to ride. We will certainly be back.

Attachments

• 91453731-5815-4F35-9A9B-225A236B0D4A.jpeg
    91453731-5815-4F35-9A9B-225A236B0D4A.jpeg
    768 KB · Views: 94
No pics of the trails and terrain itself?
Not this time. With it being our first time out there, we were just trying to figure out where to go and more importantly where not to go.

There are no 4-wheeled vehicles allowed at all so picture trails tighter than most of what Red River has, but with sections of way more rocks. It was a ton of fun, but very technical.

Back