• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

KLX450 - anybody have one?

jqueen

Reaction score
First Name
Justin
So.. My father is on the way to pick up a 2009 KLX450R for me in Dallas. Unfortunately he's spending my money on it, but I guess that's to be expected.

Anybody got one, thoughts?

From what I've gathered so far, they are undersprung, like all Japanese bikes - but I'll ride it before I decide that. They also seem to have an overheating problem with stock jetting and smog stuff. The previous owner says he has rejetted - we'll see if that resolved it. If not, you can plug off the smog for cheap (it recirculates hot exhaust into the intake to reduce emissions, which contributes to high temps).

Opinions?

Pics to come as soon as I have the thing, which should be Sunday at Hidden Falls (great place to ride a bike for the first time).

You might PM Oilfieldtrash, I think he was riding one real good this last weekend in Big Bend.

Back