• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

RIP Katrina Coomer

Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Last Name
Martinez
At 15 1011CST FEB 2007, I witnessed the worst automobile accident I could have ever imagined. A young woman (Katrina Coomer) in her 1998 Honda Accord collided head on with an 18-wheeler immediately in front of my truck. The Accord essentially disappeared in front of me as I came to the most rapid hault my brakes could handle. Despite myself, and several civilians rushing to the destroyed Accord and working together to save the life of this young woman, Katrina did not survive.

I ask that anyone reading this pray for Katrina's family. Her family should know that there were several people - military, civilian, law enforcement, and EMT alike, doing their best at the scene to try and save her life.

Rest in Peace Katrina. I did everything I could do. I wish I could have done more,

SGT Anthony J. Martinez

RIP to the young lady. Prayers for her family. You tried your best, MackT and that's more than some would do. :zen:

Some things can't be fixed and some people can't be saved. I'm sorry you had to witness it, but you know you did everything humanly possible, and that will mean everything to her family.

Ant -

You did your best. Keep in mind, many people wouldn't have even bothered to stop - they would have just been annoyed at the traffic delay. You did more than most would have even tried between trying to stabilize the victim and the situation until better trained personnel arrived and then making a LZ for the chopper after they did. You kept and used your head and your training. But at the end of the day, we must all accept we are not in charge.

You are a fine young man and I am proud to call you son. Once again, you have stepped up to try to right what's wrong and try to fix what's broke when so many others are hardly bothered. You did your best and that is all anyone can expect.

Dad.

Prays for her and you bud. Dying is easy, it's being a survivor that is tough. Listen to your Dad, he knows what he's talking about ;-)

Hey Anthony job well done good and faithfull servant! It's good that you stopped , it's good that you tried to help, it's good that you cared, but Anthony the best of all that you did was turn to God when you couldn't do anything else and you asked others to also. God knows what to do from here. Well done! Prayer has been offered.

On another note my son Jack Guillory just arrived at Fort Benning on Wednesday as a new recruit. He is signed up to become a Ranger. Please pray for him and his safety, and if you can encourage him.

Thanks,
Jim Guillory

Good on you for stopping and doing everything you could. With enough people like you, this society would turn itself around.

Prayers for you and Katrina's family.

Back