• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Rachel fractured her right collar bone

Tourmeister

Keeper of the Asylum
Admin
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Friday
Howdy,

:tab Wednesday afternoon Beth and the kids were over at the local Sonic playground and Rachel (our two year old) fell off one of the toy cars, landing on concrete. She still seemed fine, but complained about pain through the evening. X-rays this morning confirmed a fractured, but still in one piece, right collar bone :doh: We leave for a week of vacation tomorrow. Nothing to do but try to keep it in a sling and hope she doesn't trip, fall, or get shoved by a sibling and make it worse. Please pray for a quick healing and the siblings to take it easy on her.

You have our prayers... and my deepest sympathy. Trying to immobilaize a kid that age is going to be a chore.

Awwwww .. ya'll def be in our prayers ..

I guess you're not coming to Montgomery tonight?? Hubby sure would like to meet ya!

Dang, sorry, Scott. Mine are grown now, but I always hurt with them when they were injured. By the way, I think a collarbone fracture ranks as a pretty serious source of pain. We will pray for her recovery.

Wow...I can't even imagine trying to nurse that with a toddler.

Will be praying for her...I'd be torn up if mine had a fall like that. Hopefully pain isn't too bad.

Hope she heals fast - it's no fun when they don't bounce

+1 hope she heals fast as kids and collar bones do

Heavenly Father God,
You do your best work
when your people cry
out to you for healing.
We cry out to you for
little Rachel tonight for
healing of her collar bone.
We thank you in advance
for her healing and for your
Love for her and her family.
Bless her vacation and watch
over the whole family as they
travel. In Jesus name we pray.
Amen.

Will do. It's hard when one of your kids gets hurt. Thankfully, they heal quickly.

Awww. Poor thing. I hope she heals quickly.

She's trying hard to have fun, but even with both arms working two year olds tend to fall down fairly often. With the arm in a sling she can't catch herself if she falls on that side, which has resulted in a few faceplants :doh: I will be impressed if she keeps from breaking it completely at the rate she is going. She does NOT like us trying to
hold her back or trying to help her!

Back