• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Out for a while

Congratulations on advanced pruniness! I hope you're able to build back as smoothly and quickly as possible.

--sent from a ridiculously complicated mobile device--

:tab Man... I remember that first shower after the cast came off :drool: The only thing that felt better was when the cast come off for check ups along the way and the Nurse wiped the leg/foot clean with some kind of wet wipes. That felt incredible!! And then they'd stick the new cast on after the Xrays :doh:

:tab Glad you are healing up. Have you noticed any loss of muscle mass? My calf muscle had really atrophied after being immobilized for about 10 weeks. I even tried doing exercises with it just by tightening and relaxing with what little movement I did have in the cast. Took a while for it to come back to normal after the cast came off. It was probably another six months before I got full strength/mobility back in the ankle.

It was still all puffy looking last night at bike night. He can't do much of anything with the hand yet. Once the swelling comes down some more, I imagine he get to do some serious therapy to regain range of motion and strength.

Back