• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

"New" CB360

Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Last Name
Seery
My brother had a '75 CB360 that he'd found and put back together that he didn't need/want any more.
My wife fell in love with the thing, so we picked it up last night.

IMG_20150713_203458_zpsaeraqope.jpg

Somewhere before my brother got it, they decided it needed blue paint and flames.

Needs a tiny bit of work, spark jumping through the boot, rattle, etc.
Overall it's a sweet little machine.

We, er, My Wife, should be quite happy. :rider:

Wow. I love old Hondas. They were the workhorses of college campuses back when I was a student, lo those many years ago. 350s and 360s were everywhere.

I had a '76 cb360, bought new that year. Didn't really like it, felt kinda buzzy, too many gears too close together, no torque. Learned from sad experience to keep cam chain tensioner adjusted. It still may be running around (with replacement engine) in Mexico.

Well you know I like it. Let me know if you need help. Spark plug books easy to snip and replace with a NGK for $3.

If the cam chain in the 360 is like the older 350s, it has to have the tensioner replaced if it has not been already. Just did it on a 350 engine/not fun.

Well you know I like it. Let me know if you need help. Spark plug books easy to snip and replace with a NGK for $3.

If the cam chain in the 360 is like the older 350s, it has to have the tensioner replaced if it has not been already. Just did it on a 350 engine/not fun.
I'll check on the tensioner.

I noticed as I was putting it away at dusk last night that the spark was jumping through the boots and hitting the point cover.
Boots look new. I'll look at it closer.

So, somebody educate me. I liked motorcycles back then, but wasn't at all savvy about them. Was the 360 just a slightly bored 350 engine? Different motor? Other differences between the two bikes?

Different enough that I hesitate to offer advice after working on SL350s for decades.

I had a 1975 Honda CB 360T, back then I didn't think about the cam chain adjustment an when I hit like 35,000 miles the cam chain broke through the cylinders and destroyed the engine. I then sold it for parts.

Seeing as there are quite a few parts to the tensioner, is there a particular piece that fails?

If it is the same as the 350, it is the rubber wheels that disintegrate.

So, somebody educate me. I liked motorcycles back then, but wasn't at all savvy about them. Was the 360 just a slightly bored 350 engine? Different motor? Other differences between the two bikes?

Been a LONG time ... had a CL360 back in the day. I drove the wheels off that thing.

Didn't it share the stroke and valve train with the in-line 4s of the time? Sorta a CB750 motor cut in half?

Back