• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

50 Years

Flattrack62

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Childhood memory comes home. Picked her up at Barber a couple of weeks ago. Amazing the advance in technology over 50 years!

image.jpg1_zpszqqace5p.jpg

Its a YDS3C Big Bear Scrambler. 250cc. Its in good shape but not quite a showpiece. Has not been restored. Refurbished with a fresh engine build.
Thanks!

Way cool! Love the distinctive sound they make at full chat. The 305's too. Kind of similar to the sound of the GM muscle cars with Quadra-jet carbs. Sweet. The height of my teenage aspirations.
:clap:

I had a YDS2, one of the few bikes I wish I had not sold. Mine had a measuring cup on the inside of the gas cap. One cup of oil for every gallon of gas. Nice purchase.

Wow, Barber can do that! My first bike was a 1965 YDS3 Catalina purchased in Zapata, Tx 1966. I had no idea what to expect, but it was a great run. My dad was killed in a plane accident in 1971. I have a video of him riding that bike. I made the pilgrimage to Vintage Days about 4 yrs ago. I saw almost every model moto I've owned. My current ride is a 2002 BMW R1150GS. You did well! Thanks for the memories.

Last edited:
Back