• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Butler Maps - printed motorcycle maps for riders by riders

Is the hill country map ready yet?

Hey Dave....

Last news I heard was that the map was loaded up with all the extra cool little roads,but they were dealing with readability issues caused by SA & Austin's dense street grid + some color/graphics collision.

Above all the guys at Butler want to have a very high quality map that riders will want to use time & again. In other words....they're sweatin the details right now.

We'll all benefit from it.......

Why would anyone need to know the Austin and S.A. streets? I know well enough to stay the hay away from both.

Why would anyone need to know the Austin and S.A. streets? I know well enough to stay the hay away from both.

It's not that the map will show street names & such for those cities...

Just that when you try to add detail to show all the paved & gravel county roads (this map will be one of the most detailed offered to date),the city streets also get included arbitrarily. After proofing the results & seeing this,those city streets need to be edited out to limit the image dominating factor of dense street grid on the map. Rest assured...the Butler guys are concentrating on mainly hill country roads.....but some of them are very close to large populated areas.

Hey Dave....

Last news I heard was that the map was loaded up with all the extra cool little roads,but they were dealing with readability issues caused by SA & Austin's dense street grid + some color/graphics collision.

Above all the guys at Butler want to have a very high quality map that riders will want to use time & again. In other words....they're sweatin the details right now.

We'll all benefit from it.......

Do you know if they put on the BBQ scan graphics as they had thought about?

Just got my Colorado map, Wow, well worth the 17.95,,
Now I can see all the great places I missed last year,
Now I got to go back...
I am standing in line when the New Mexico one and Texas comes out..
Mike

Still no sign of a Texas map!! Not even an expected date.. Fingers crossed it is not too far out..

Gary

Still no sign of a Texas map!! Not even an expected date.. Fingers crossed it is not too far out..

Gary

Not quite official news I heard was... The printers are finishing it up...

I can't give you an exact date for release but I bet it will be pretty quick now.

note: I think Bill Eakins is kinda busy right now so I'm just fillin in with what info I know. Hope ya don't mind Bill....

Bill's quote from ADV...We'll have a booth at the World Superbike Championship @ Milner in Utah
May 28-30. I know we'll have the new Texas Hill Country map there.

I have been exchanging emails with Court Buttler and he tells me we are a week or two away from release of the Texas Maps.. Fingers crossed, I would love to see what routes they have found.. Will be placing my order as soon as possible.

Gary

Well they are now taking orders for the Texas map. I placed mine and hope to have the map in a week or two..

Gary

They confirmed that mine was shipped on Friday, so should have the Texas one early next week, I will bring it to Billy G's on Thursday if anyone is interested in seeing it.

Gary

Do you know if they put on the BBQ scan graphics as they had thought about?

yes it has a iphone/android/blackberry scan code (QR code http://web.scanlife.com/us_en/download-application )
for BBQ joints, Ice houses, Rallies, Live music, State parks, B&Bs, Lodging, Camping/RV, Towns, Food & Motorcycle shops
on the back of the map plus a few select towns are featured. we also have a printed motorcycle dealer section plus a winery listing, featured dirt road listing and other usefull state info...there's ALOT packed in there. this map has the most info to date.

enjoy!

I have the map in my hot sweaty hands!!:trust: It has a lot of suggested routes, and many things to visit or see!! Can't wait to try some new routes!! I was amazed how heavy the map is, this thing is printed on very strong paper, should last a long while.:thumb:. Many of my favorite hill rides are marked on the map, and many new ones that I don't know are also shown!! Should be a great summer with this map and my Dual Sport CRF or Goldwing!!:rider:

Gary

yes it has a iphone/android/blackberry scan code (QR code http://web.scanlife.com/us_en/download-application )
for BBQ joints, Ice houses, Rallies, Live music, State parks, B&Bs, Lodging, Camping/RV, Towns, Food & Motorcycle shops
on the back of the map plus a few select towns are featured. we also have a printed motorcycle dealer section plus a winery listing, featured dirt road listing and other usefull state info...there's ALOT packed in there. this map has the most info to date.

enjoy!

Woohoo. I'm new to the whole QR thing, but it works off the image in your above post on the computer screen. Sure is cool. Father's day is coming and this would be a good present...

Woohoo. I'm new to the whole QR thing, but it works off the image in your above post on the computer screen. Sure is cool. Father's day is coming and this would be a good present...

I haven't gotten mine yet....but hopefully soon.

Then it'll be time to see how many of the roads I can ride (enjoyably) in a day!!!!!!! (if it's HOT...maybe NOT)

I haven't gotten mine yet....but hopefully soon.

Then it'll be time to see how many of the roads I can ride (enjoyably) in a day!!!!!!! (if it's HOT...maybe NOT)

Hopefully they made the Texas map fire resistant as well as tear-proof and water resistant.! :lol2:

Hopefully they made the Texas map fire resistant as well as tear-proof and water resistant.! :lol2:

ya kno ...I hadn't really given any thought to the plasti-paper's properties out in the Texas Summer road rotisserie. ...hopefully imperblivious to 1000000000 watt hair dryers! brush fires.....well...!

map is printed on the heaviest grade available for map making. same grade national geographic specs. at times it's hard for us to get as it's not used as much as most others use the cheaper thinner stuff.
enjoy!

I have the map in my hot sweaty hands!!:trust: It has a lot of suggested routes, and many things to visit or see!! Can't wait to try some new routes!! I was amazed how heavy the map is, this thing is printed on very strong paper, should last a long while.:thumb:. Many of my favorite hill rides are marked on the map, and many new ones that I don't know are also shown!! Should be a great summer with this map and my Dual Sport CRF or Goldwing!!:rider:

Gary

Back