• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!
  • The Vendor forum is for users that wish to offer their services or products to the TWT Community. Creation of a new thread is limited to users that are members of the TWT Vendor usergroup. Contact Tourmeister to join this usergroup. Vendors may create ONE thread to promote their business. They will still be able to edit and reply to their thread, and reply to anyone else's, but they are limited to one thread. Regular users can reply to any existing thread. Vendors should strive to keep all of their business related posting in this thread.

Butler Maps - printed motorcycle maps for riders by riders

map is printed on the heaviest grade available for map making. same grade national geographic specs. at times it's hard for us to get as it's not used as much as most others use the cheaper thinner stuff.
enjoy!

Adding a bit more info to what Bill said about map quality...

The hill country map's physical dimensions should be similar to their maps offered for the rocky mountain states,southern Cali & the WA Back Country Dirt Roads.....Roughly 27" x 38" unfolded...4" x 9" folded. (measured from my set of Butler Maps)

...That being said...Remember,most of the other Butler maps cover a whole state's roads....This Texas Hill Country map is concentrating on a good bit smaller area so the detail of the smallest county roads whether paved or not should stand out rather well....ya think?

Ordered the map.
Thought there was a TWT discount, but rechecked and noticed it was for 2 maps; certainly do not need 2 and too much hassle to get someone interested.
Anyway, looking forward to get it.

indeed the the basemap detail is zoomed in a alot more than other maps so visually it is the best looking.

Adding a bit more info to what Bill said about map quality...

The hill country map's physical dimensions should be similar to their maps offered for the rocky mountain states,southern Cali & the WA Back Country Dirt Roads.....Roughly 27" x 38" unfolded...4" x 9" folded. (measured from my set of Butler Maps)

...That being said...Remember,most of the other Butler maps cover a whole state's roads....This Texas Hill Country map is concentrating on a good bit smaller area so the detail of the smallest county roads whether paved or not should stand out rather well....ya think?

Ok, someone mentioned a discount. :eek2: News to me. Please point to the proper post of give details...

Wow, quick response.

That's any 2 or 3 maps, or 2 or 3 copies of the Texas map?

Qoute..Bill..
any 2-3 maps in the collection. plus there is a full collection discount.
i'll find out how we'll be adding in THC to that mix.

Dave.....You're gonna want one (or more) of their other maps too.....All of em nicely done. I've got the full Rocky Mountain set + S. Cali.

Several folks who have already gotten their maps are posting very good remarks about the THC map. GREAT FEEDBACK YA'LL

Scott is gonna get me my copy of the THC map when he gets back in town next week.

For those close to Waco....I think Mitchell's Cycle Sports will also have some Butler Hill Country Maps available by June 11th

I got my copy from Scott today....MAN this thing looks great.

MITCHELL'S CYCLE SPORTS IN WACO has a few of the Texas Hill Country maps available.

Tim & Susan aslso have a couple of neon 3/4 length Fly jackets that can be bought RIGHT.....Ordered for a regular customer who ended up buying a Firstgear Kilimanjaro instead.The jackets are a large & an X large solid shell,good armor,light weight. Similar fit to a Firstgear or Tour Master(maybe just a bit snugger in the belly,but fits me fine) Reg $199 for $139 BUT ONLY THRU SATURDAY 6-11-11. They'll be sending them back to the supplier after that.

They also have a couple of Fly Dual Sport helmets in neon too (a la Shoei Hornet).....but try em on FIRST(liner/shell fit is kinda different) Same deal applies.Ask about the price. I don't kno.....

sweet!

I got my copy from Scott today....MAN this thing looks great.

MITCHELL'S CYCLE SPORTS IN WACO has a few of the Texas Hill Country maps available.

Tim & Susan aslso have a couple of neon 3/4 length Fly jackets that can be bought RIGHT.....Ordered for a regular customer who ended up buying a Firstgear Kilimanjaro instead.The jackets are a large & an X large solid shell,good armor,light weight. Similar fit to a Firstgear or Tour Master(maybe just a bit snugger in the belly,but fits me fine) Reg $199 for $139 BUT ONLY THRU SATURDAY 6-11-11. They'll be sending them back to the supplier after that.

They also have a couple of Fly Dual Sport helmets in neon too (a la Shoei Hornet).....but try em on FIRST(liner/shell fit is kinda different) Same deal applies.Ask about the price. I don't kno.....

Are there any plans for Texas state maps? I've yearned for some time now for something like 4 different sectional maps of Texas that could have enough detail for smaller/dirt roads and yet still fit in a tankbag window (atlases with the pages torn out don't work so well for me). I've always admired the British Ordinance Survey maps, mainly due to their varying scales.

Are there any plans for Texas state maps? I've yearned for some time now for something like 4 different sectional maps of Texas that could have enough detail for smaller/dirt roads and yet still fit in a tankbag window (atlases with the pages torn out don't work so well for me). I've always admired the British Ordinance Survey maps, mainly due to their varying scales.

I can't imagine even 5 or 6 sectional maps that would have enough detail to show all the small paved & gravel county roads in Texas. I think it would be more doable to have maps for specific areas where most folks are gonna want to ride...like...

Hill Country South (already done)
Hill Country North (possibility)
Big Bend/Ft Davis/Marathon area
Amarillo/Panhandle/Caprock
East Texas North
East Tx South

I can't imagine even 5 or 6 sectional maps that would have enough detail to show all the small paved & gravel county roads in Texas. I think it would be more doable to have maps for specific areas where most folks are gonna want to ride...like...

Hill Country South (already done)
Hill Country North (possibility)
Big Bend/Ft Davis/Marathon area
Amarillo/Panhandle/Caprock
East Texas North
East Tx South

Well, I hope they do a HC north, BB metro and maybe something in the east. But there is some good riding in far-far northeast Texas (AKA Arkansas) that needs some mapping as well.

The BB map may not be needed as the numbers of paved roads are low. When you only have a few roads, a map really isn't needed.

Well, I hope they do a HC north, BB metro and maybe something in the east. But there is some good riding in far-far northeast Texas (AKA Arkansas) that needs some mapping as well.

The BB map may not be needed as the numbers of paved roads are low. When you only have a few roads, a map really isn't needed.

A BB map would prob concentrate on gravel/rock/sand roads/trails like their just released Washington State Back Country map....But with the good asphalt thrown in too.

Got to see one of these for the first time last week. Very nice maps. Placed our stocking order on the spot. So, not hustling in on their direct business, order direct if you like. But if you are in the SA area and want to check one out in person, Moto Liberty San Antonio will be stocking them starting sometime later this week when our order arrives. They get a thumbs up from us!

Got to see one of these for the first time last week. Very nice maps. Placed our stocking order on the spot. So, not hustling in on their direct business, order direct if you like. But if you are in the SA area and want to check one out in person, Moto Liberty San Antonio will be stocking them starting sometime later this week when our order arrives. They get a thumbs up from us!

Will you be stocking the whole line, or only the HC map? Will the Dallas store carry them as well?

Has anyone here seen the WABDR video? Any reviews?

thanks!~ i added you to our master dealer list i keep over @ adv
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13426948&postcount=2

at this point this will be all for texas as we need to finish up other states.
we went for the core prime thc riding areas and mapped that.
we need to move to areas where the riding is prime and as such winter was perfect for the thc.
maps take along time to properly produce and we're adding more content then ever.
currently we are working on nor cal and then i think or & wa. this fall is a utah wabdr-style map and then not sure what happens next winter, maybe nm or az.

i do know that from my inside source that benchmark will have a full texas map at somepoint http://www.benchmarkmaps.com/ but no idea the time frame. i've also put in a request for them to produce an adv version that is hard plactic covered, 1/2 the size and spiral bound.

Back