• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from Denton

Reaction score
What's up compadres, recently moved to Denton. Really cool site, I'm enjoying the threads and banter! Currently own an 09 Sporty and an 09 Versys 650. Where do y'all ride around here?

Welcome to TWT. You'll bump into quite a few Versys riders around here.

Welcome to TWT. Can't help you with Denton :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Welcome, I am in Denton as well. Currently don't get much recreational riding but I want to ride up north around saint jo and over east of there as well.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Welcome! I live in Cedar Hill (South) but work in Denton. In my opinion the best ridin is heading east. Check out Caddo National Grasslands, thats a good area to explore.

I live a little east of you in McKinney, but don't do that much road riding, mainly Dual sport so cant suggest many areas for road bikes. However if you ever need any mechanical or electrical help with your bike, let me know, always willing to help out.

Gary

Howdy, neighbor! St. Jo/area is great, Bonham area is great, there are fun ways to get places without ever getting on a major highway, so that's also great. All roads end up somewhere (that's my riding philosophy). A lot of times you can pick a state park as a "goal" and just wander around until you find it.

A good local 'roam' is taking FM 428, then 455 eastward until you run out of road at 121. You can pick around a bunch of the other 400s in the area or just turn around and come back - fun in both directions.

Thank you all for your welcomes! I'm excited to explore this part of the world and even more excited to get my first proper ADV bike. Any GPS tracks/directions for cool dual sport rides out there?

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Back