• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi

Monica

Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I'm Monica. Been out of riding and off of motorcycles for a good handful of years. But I'm getting back in, missed it. Nothing serious (heh, I know "sure"..) but aiming toward the dual sport segment, trails and what not. I do a lot of hiking/camping/kayaking/fishing and hoping to incorporate the bike somewhere in those kind of trips.

For now, brought home a street legal '03 TTR125LE to ride around locally and get back into the feel of riding. It's a good match for size and weight. I've wanted this model for a long time. Getting tax office to comply with state laws now so I can get the title and registration finished.

I have a Rekluse on order. I ride one-handed. On previous bikes I've switched the controls to the right and did everything right handed. I'm taking the easy way on this one in regards to work/mods to get on the road. It's hard habit to break though. The other night I came home from work and pulled the clutch off and tried to put it over on the right to take a quick spin. Luckily cables and wiring held me up a little bit enough that I said 'forget it tonight' or I'd have been getting a noise complaint from neighbors.

Anyway, thanks for letting me be here. Have a good day.

Here's from the night I brought the bike home.

attachment.jpg

Attachments

• attachment.jpg
    attachment.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 130
:tab Riding one handed seems like a real challenge. I met another rider not long ago that had his KLR 650 set up for riding single handed. It was pretty amazing. Good luck getting the TTR setup. Some pics of your final control arrangement would be neat to see. I'd also be interested in hearing your thoughts about the TTR in general.

Welcome from Burleson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks yall.

Toumeister, yes and no. The controls are actually intuitive in the dexterity department. I rode shorty brake over clutch. I'll try and find some photos of my previous setups. What was tougher was balancing the bike on low/no speed off camber stuff. Without the opposing hand to hold the bike it made body balance and lower body position more important.

HI back and welcome. where you from and do you need help with the bike. I have saws, torches,welding machine along with a few more implements of destruction... I mean construction.

You guys are great. Thank yall for the warm welcome :)

SpiritatBay, absolutely.

2in2out, love that movie.

viffer07, thank you for the offer. Looks like you've got a fun toy set...uh, tool set.

Update on bike:
Went to tax office on Tuesday and they agreed to Title and Register the bike. But, wait, new problem, the guy on the title is not the guy on the bill of sale, it's two owners ago. So.... I get to hassle with that for a bit. And that mistake is all on me for not catching it, I feel so dumb, that's basic buyer smarts. Decided to bond the title and get on with it. Waiting for that paperwork as we speak.

On the parts front, Rekluse and new tail fender arrived (has an actual LP light, the current one doesn't....and the LEOs I know are sticklers for equipment violations). Also ordered a Trail Tech display and handle bar mount. Looking forward to installing that.

I took inventory of the bike, part numbers, sizes of stuff to get familiar. Took a little time to clean up the front fender (sandpaper and heat to fix the larger scuffs). Will do that on a few other areas but nothing major. I know I'll put my own boo-boos on it lol. Also the PO had much of the plastics plasti-dipped and a lot of it was cut/chipped/peeling so I've been removing that. Eventually I'd like to RitDye some parts and give it a nice color scheme/clean up. But that'll be after I've got time on it, I'm ready to get on the road/trails. I'll get the Battery Tender lead hooked up, I've got that somewhere in my boxes.

All for now, until next time.

Last edited:
Hi Monica. Wrenching on bikes is fun too. Especially on winter days. Looking forward to seeing your set up at a pie run .

Welcome to the site. I’m in the Fort Worth area. If you need or want some assistance, please don’t hesitate to ask.

On Saturday I ran over and met Electrified to get the Ultimate MX Hauler from him. Today I finally had free time to play with it on the truck, figure out how I'd load the bike on it and test out the jack that was likely going out.

Got the hauler on the hitch and after some twiddling with the hitch pin realized it didn't fit cause the pin hole on the hauler was 1/2". My truck uses 5/8". So, that would have to be drilled out. So I did. Some 3-in-1, my cordless Dewalt and a 5/8" black oxide bit. Now I can use my locking hitch pin. Much better. Normally I like drilling straight holes in metal with the drill press but to even clamp that thing down up on the table I'd have to disassemble the while thing. Nahh, I'll just hold the drill real straight.

attachment.jpg

attachment.jpg

So the hauler deck sits about 20" off the ground. The ground clearance on the bike is 13.5" if I tilt it right. Big 7". I gain those inches if I back the truck up against the curb to the yard. Or park it at the end of the driveway cause it slants. The hard part will un/loading whereever I'll go. Gonna have to figure that out still. But was able to bungee tie the front brake down and lift rear end of the bike onto the deck and slide it on. Foot peg bolts fits fine and snug down well. I used a tie from the handle bar to the mount to keep the bike still. Should haul just fine. My brake lights are visible from the rear, although LP is obscured. I'll take that one as I go and not drive like I'm trying to get pulled over.

attachment.jpg

I wanted to use the anti-rattle clamps but the ones I had didn't fit the hauler. So, I drilled new holes. It fits :lol2:

attachment.jpg

I jacked up the bike into hauling position. But as suspected the jack didn't wanna go the last inch or so. I lifted the deck into place and got the lock pin secured. Definitely need a new jack. I drained it and put new oil in but now it's worse even after purging the air. Oh well lol

attachment.jpg

I'll get this thing to the shop in the next week or so. They can install the Rekluse. I decided I won't be moving the controls over to the right so until the Rekluse is on, I can't ride it.

Well, that's today's time. I have a VM24 carb on the way and a Trail Tech Vapor sitting on the kitchen table. I'll wait until the bike comes back from the shop for those. The choke will be relo'd and taken off the bars for the most which will allow me to mount the Vapor where I want it. (I'm kinda OCD about stuff being even and symmetrical):zen:

Attachments

• 20171213_150557.jpg
    20171213_150557.jpg
    44.8 KB · Views: 382
  • 20171213_151753.jpg
    20171213_151753.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 260
  • 20171213_152047.jpg
    20171213_152047.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 369
  • 20171213_212408.jpg
    20171213_212408.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 248
  • 20171213_152036.jpg
    20171213_152036.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 271
Amazing job! What is the weight limit on the hauler?

I use wooden blocks screwed together to make a ramp to get my short bikes on my MX Hauler. Like an RV leveling block.
I also considered a lowering hitch mount from etrailer where you have a bar on top then a lower two inch receiver tube.
JoToPe, 350 lbs is the rated limit on an MX hauler. They would definitely hold more though. The worry becomes the actual truck hitch itself.

Well, here's your chance to try it out.

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?t=116081

There are plenty of hills and people to help with the loading and unloading procedure and Ghost's ranch. Also some nice trails to ride on the ranch. And the roads in that area aren't too bad either. You can take the basic dirt class with Brad if you want a refresher.

JoToPe, thank you.

Oldmxer, the tongue weight is what I'm keeping in mind. The bike is about 200 and the hauler feels around 50 give or take 10. I saw the hitch drops, but they make me nervous. I don't like the leverage increase. I use the heck out of that hitch hauling my 13.5' kayak.

The other thing is I can deadlift the bike enough, the problem is I have no leverage by grabbing the fender (I'm all of 5'2" and when I grab the fender I'm practically standing in a straight up position already) and there's nothing that great to grab down by the frame when I do get in a good lift-with-the-legs position. I'm gonna grab a weight lifting handle and clip it on something down there then attempt to lift. Might be enough.

Dahveed, the weekend trip looks fun.

Tongue weight on your Dodge should be at least 500 and it looks like you have a grill gaurd on the front of some sort so I'd be prone to think 550 is still safe, so no worries about going over. Even if you use one of the heavier rail type haulers you would still be in the safe zone.

You're right it's at least 500. Truck is a 2500 w tow pkg so its got the III or IV class hitch, can't remember. I just didn't want to quote a number up there and it be off. I'll look next time I'm laying on the floor.

Back