• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Kaitlin and MSF Day 2

Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Wagner
Well today was an early day for Kaitlin considering it was spring break. Up at 6:30, dad packed her cooler for her with water and sports drinks and loaded up in the car. Off she went for Day 2 of MSF, I followed her to Six Flags Mall (just wanted to make sure she got there okay) she did phewwww.

I got the low down when she got home, and she (gonna have to wait)
Kaitlin was a little nervous when she first got to the box in practice, she touch the first 2 times and on her third attemp nailed no foot down and well with in the line and a perfect exit.

In the final she choked a little she said and rode the line on the way out, she said she may have been on the outsie of it for just a second. But kept her composer and finished strong.

Next they worked on cornering and head movement and trying not to fixate, well she got that pretty easily just needed to raise her head a little and turn her head some more and let the bike follow her as she looked where she wanted to go. Got it after one try.

On the final she was the second best rider in the timed corner entery and exit and kept her head and looked through the corner to the finish.

Well they worked on the panic/emergency braking without locking up the wheels, the first couple of tries she went a little long. Well after a little instruction and the the explination on the art of braking she was stopping and downshifting and left footing down like a pro.

On the final she got to the first cone and had one of the better stopping distances and remembered to down shift and get her left foot down like she had been riding all her life.

Next the moved ot to evasive manuevering and stopping in the event you have a refrigerator fall of a truck (we all know about this one). Again the first time through she was a little apprehensive, but again after so instruction and a few more times she was avoiding the cones and stopping like a pro.

Well need i say more, she got it done.

After all the practing and testing she pulled it out and now has her MSF certificate and will proceed to the DMV tomorrow for the written. If all goes according to he plan by the time I get home tomorrow night she wants to go ride for a little while in the evening.

I am excited and proud tat she is taking this seriously and can smell the adventure around the corner.

When she comes home with it, I think the first cople of weeks will be roads around the area so she can build more confidence before we head out on the big trips and pie runs together. She is talking the Strom rally this weekend but I may want to keep it closer to home this weekend with her.

As you can tell i am excited for her as she is, and glad I can still inspire her to live life and enjoy the freedom of 2 wheels. Experiencing the full the joy of the open road with the wind in your face, smells, temp changes and the new vista's to view.

Here to kaitlin and her accomplishment.:rider::clap::rider::clap::rider::clap::rider::clap::rider::clap::rider::clap::eat:

She is talking the Strom rally this weekend but I may want to keep it closer to home this weekend with her.

Hey, she has all day Thursday and Friday to get ready! :-P

I agree with you, though, no need to rush things.

However, maybe Sunday afternoon we could meet ya'll someplece in Mansfield, like maybe at Baskin Robbins for ice cream? :ponder:

A1AF91FD22BB4A3DAEF7BE2CE3756E8F_CONGRATULATIONS.jpg

Back