• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS CO--NM

Reaction score
Sr trying to plan a trip to the above for a few days with like minded folks. No racing just casual DS smelling the roses in COOLER air, single track-jeep roads, whatever. Non smoker with Tahoe and three bike trailer, the more the merrier. I do snore so can get my own room if need be. No tents for me and I really like a hot breakfast. Plated XR4. Have been talking with another TWT'r also. Prefer riding weekdays, three or four is sufficient. My schedule is totally open so give it some thought and holler.

Last edited:
OK guys getting some interest. Lets keep it easy by making this thread the organizing-planning point. Thanks.

I just got back from CO on my Tenere. Not sure where you are planning to ride, but I have to recommend the Alpine loop and the many 4x4 and off road trails that are off the Million Dollar Highway (HWY550) from Durango to Montrose. Lake City or Silverton would make good central staging points and have plenty of restaurants, Motels, and Hotels.

OK guys, halfway there. Have made plans with a couple others for some time at a friends summer place near Cloudcroft late August. Another fella is seeing what he can do before then. We are looking at a ride at Sipapu NM which has been mentioned here recently, looks good and closer than CO. Still considering a trip to the Salida CO area in Sept. Much less crowds after school starts and accommodations are cheaper and easier to find. Sept is a great month weather wise but I always carry a packable riding jacket.

My son and I ride offroad but he just bought a '16 WR250R . We're picking it up Saturday in Stillwater and I'm picking up a 13 DRZ400 on the way home in Shawnee. Might be interested especially since I just got back from Colorado and saw alot of dualsports.

Back