• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DS Ride to Pie Run in Nacogdoches from Huntsville 7/30/16

Here's a peak.....
IMG_4055-M.jpg

Nice .. Can see more than a few mods here and there.

Last edited:
Well... That was a great ride! Very little dust, at least for me :trust: most of the sand was pretty well packed. Some stretches of sand were NOT packed!! But it was all fun!

Awesome time meeting everyone.

Thanks for posting and leading Scott !
alot of fun on those dirt back roads and good to finally meet and ride with you
it was only 110 today in the shade glad you stopped for a break i know the a/c felt wonderful LOL .

Quite a few twt riders showed up for lunch PIE RUN.. dont know actual count 20-30 riders.

Hope everyone got back home safe .

Thanks again for the ride Scott. Had a great time learning some new roads and finding some new terrain I haven't ridden in before.

I found the video of the grumpy guy that shook his first (or more) and me and Rob, just to prove we weren't fibbing. This was on 1155, east of Ratcliff right before the Neches river bridge.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFNkpYTNym4"]Grumpy guy on a dirt road - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks again for the ride Scott. Had a great time learning some new roads and finding some new terrain I haven't ridden in before.

I found the video of the grumpy guy that shook his first (or more) and me and Rob, just to prove we weren't fibbing. This was on 1155, east of Ratcliff right before the Neches river bridge.

Grumpy guy on a dirt road - YouTube

That was real scary, especially since I was riding sweep, I got a real earful even though I was going way below speed limit. I got the wrath for the fast guys up front. I went real slow by him but didn't make eye contact or stop, nothing to gain at that point. The gun (or motion like he had one) had me real concerned as I motored on, kept waiting for the buckshot(seriously). He looked to be aiming a rifle at the DR in front of me. I've only been doing this type riding for 4 years and luckily this is only the 2nd time for this.

I truly hate bothering the locals, I try to spot houses, dogs coming towards the road, and horses pinned up, and slow down accordingly. Horses really seem to dislike us!

If I make this route again I will be very slow by there!!!

It's hard to tell in his video but you see him entering the road about half way through video.

We weren't hauling when we went by. I always slow down around homes and was running maybe 35 mph tops. I think the posted limit was 30. The ladies on the horses seemed quite fine with us being out there, same thing with the lady trimming her bushes. Maybe this guy had a bad experience with some other riders :shrug:

No telling about the guy. I know they don't necessarily like it, but it IS a public road. After watching the video several times and freeze framing it over and over, it doesn't appear that the man has any sort of long gun. He might have had a pistol, but I couldn't see one. I sure hope he didn't!

Engine noise was minimal so was our speed
Didn't hear a word coming from the man standing at the foot of the driveway BUT.. hadn't seen him either.
with respect to everyone that was there with what everybody has reiterated here.

Going there was my 1st time being on 1155 east of Ratcliff.
Conditions being:New bike and Strange to me dirt road. Anyone could have backed out of there driveways and there were plenty of them as well.

An uptight man that's a upset because we were there when he was standing in his drive way. Was seen pointing what looked like a weapon ?

of course its upsetting to here about such encounters! PERSONNALLY
Have been shoot at AND been in someone Crossbow hairs for no apparent reason other than being at the wrong place at the wrong time (SHNF)

don't plan on setting myself up for failure. Past riding experiences or the future witholding. Will certainly give serious thought that if I do again make it a point to cross paths with this PUBLIC ROAD... We should all with respect support re-route if necessary. I don't start anything I cant finish BUT common sense dictates we all should continue respecting one in other and put no one in harms way.

GTO + motorcycle = Good Times Only

Last edited:
Not that I want to end up in a gunfight, but I'm not beyond strapping a holster on top of my tank. I just hope it never becomes something I need to do.

Not that I want to end up in a gunfight, but I'm not beyond strapping a holster on top of my tank. I just hope it never becomes something I need to do.

Agreed:cool2: not condoning the behavior either will ride elsewhere which ive done before. venting done sorry for my rant to all.

Last edited:
Grabbed some stills from my uncompressed video:

From the first one, looks like he has something in his left hand, but it looks like a bottle of water. Who knows.

But the last one, I can pretty clearly see a shooting stance, with Woodsguy WELL behind him.

In any case, it was quite unnerving. Once I saw his stance I tucked and gunned it. It was a bit of a straight away so just like woods I was waiting for some buckshot to zip by. Caught the wrong guy at the wrong time.

mJJxG4H.png

NZ2abvB.png

Back