• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Off-Road Ride, north of DFW, Sunday 7/31

elbro

Reaction score
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Broich
Doing a half-day of riding to avoid the heat, starting in Prosper and working our way north avoiding as much pavement as possible. We have a rough route plotted for the first part of the trip. Head into OK, then decide where from there.

Meeting at 6am at Exxon, 1099 N Preston Rd, Prosper, TX 75078. Will head out as soon as the sun rises.

Two of us so far...

Doing a half-day of riding to avoid the heat, starting in Prosper and working our way north avoiding as much pavement as possible. We have a rough route plotted for the first part of the trip. Head into OK, then decide where from there.

Meeting at 6am at Exxon, 1099 N Preston Rd, Prosper, TX 75078. Will head out as soon as the sun rises.

Two of us so far...

I have plans for the weekend already but I hope you keep and post the track you take. Like to see if there are any new and interesting roads to explore at another time.

****, we have visitors this weekend, otherwise I would definitely join you. Please let us know if you do another one later in the year, would love to join you and make some new friends..

Gary

Are you talking mud or are you talking dirt and gravel?

I don't anticipate any mud, mostly gravel with some dirt. Did a route similar to this recently and there was no mud.

Ok thanks for the information. I am a little gun shy of mud at the moment. I got into some stuff a couple of weeks ago and messed up my leg. The DR650 is great but the stock tires just are not meant for mud.. They caked up so bad it was like being on ice skates... Of course I am a new rider so that probably had a lot to do with it as well. I will probably pass on this ride since OK had so much rain this morning. I hope to join you on a future ride though.

Ok thanks for the information. I am a little gun shy of mud at the moment. I got into some stuff a couple of weeks ago and messed up my leg. The DR650 is great but the stock tires just are not meant for mud.. They caked up so bad it was like being on ice skates... Of course I am a new rider so that probably had a lot to do with it as well. I will probably pass on this ride since OK had so much rain this morning. I hope to join you on a future ride though.

No worries. We won't be making it too far into OK as I want to be back into the Dallas area by 1 or so, but I hear where you're coming from.

Do you have a GPX file of the route you took?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yep, should be attached here.

Attachments

• Prosper TX to Marietta OK via Hagerman.gpx
    244.2 KB · Views: 242
Back