• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Trippin' Connies 9 - Snowed Out

Great stuff. No idea how you manage to keep all the details together this long after the trip. I'm usually a little fuzzy the next week even with a daily log kept. Thanks again for taking us along for the ride, I really enjoy seeing these pop up in the new posts list.

How in the heck do you remember all those details from over 2 months ago? You sure didn' t get that from me. Great report as always. Thanks for letting me follow along again. Hope I'm still around if there is a TC10. I did have a video of that guy doing burnouts at the Y.

How in the heck do you remember all those details from over 2 months ago?

Kory could (should?) teach a class on ride reporting. Maps, cameras and usage, managing all the photos, remembering the details, what to include, what to leave out, etc. Ride reports don't get better than his.

I'd also love to see a single map with all 9 Trippin' Tracks on it.....

There's a secret to the details; it's called journaling. I have spiral notebooks going back to the early eighties, with daily descriptions of campgrounds, specific campsites, cost of gas, etc. I now carry a tablet for that purpose and a long term project is to type those old journals into MS Word. My wife was recently browsing a Colorado trip from the late eighties, in which I had noted that "Gas is expensive this year -- $1.29."

:clap::clap::clap:

Great report, and obviously a great trip. I'm glad you finally made it to CO 149, one of my favorite byways anywhere. Sadly, 160 is way too crowded these days, especially once you get east of Alamosa. But CO 12? Whenever I've been up there, I've had the place to myself.

Glad you made it home safely. Thanks for taking us along.

You were definitely one who made me want to ride CO 149. :trust:

Must have just been our luck with CO 12. It's our second time though there, I don't remember any traffic the previous time, but that was years ago.

Great stuff. No idea how you manage to keep all the details together this long after the trip. I'm usually a little fuzzy the next week even with a daily log kept. Thanks again for taking us along for the ride, I really enjoy seeing these pop up in the new posts list.

Two things really help. I obviously take a lot of pictures. Those help me to remember the details and where we were at. I also use the Voice Memos app on my phone. At the end of the day I usually record a few minutes worth of notes on things I remember happening. I used to take notes on a little computer dad would bring along, but it's easier just to do the voice memos.

How in the heck do you remember all those details from over 2 months ago? You sure didn' t get that from me. Great report as always. Thanks for letting me follow along again. Hope I'm still around if there is a TC10. I did have a video of that guy doing burnouts at the Y.

See response from above on how I remember things. :mrgreen:

TC10 is up to you, right? Where do you want to go?

I'll have to get that video from you one day and upload it to youtube. :thumb:

Kory could (should?) teach a class on ride reporting. Maps, cameras and usage, managing all the photos, remembering the details, what to include, what to leave out, etc. Ride reports don't get better than his.

Thanks, Jeff! :-D There's really nothing to it, you just have to devote a couple months worth of work to it. :twitch: :loco:

I'd also love to see a single map with all 9 Trippin' Tracks on it.....

You got me thinking (a dangerous thing :lol2:) on how I could do this. I took all our tracks (in some cases I didn't have those so I used the routes) and put them all on one file. I exported it to pdf, then saved it as a jpeg. 39,413 Miles together in the last 9 years.

36754806270_46bb295969_b.jpg

Thanks, Jeff! :-D There's really nothing to it, you just have to devote a couple months worth of work to it. :twitch: :loco:

You got me thinking (a dangerous thing :lol2:) on how I could do this. I took all our tracks (in some cases I didn't have those so I used the routes) and put them all on one file. I exported it to pdf, then saved it as a jpeg. 39,413 Miles together in the last 9 years.

36754806270_46bb295969_b.jpg

:clap:

Great reportamd pics, thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kory,

I am going to start to call you Tourmeister Senior...

:rider:

It is nice to see a detailed sport-touring ride report. With so many people trailering their bike, it is good to see you packing in the heavy miles and providing quality images from the road.

BTW, how many miles on the C-14? Has it been pretty reliable? Original suspension?

Happy Trails,

RB

Kory,

I am going to start to call you Tourmeister Senior...

:rider:

It is nice to see a detailed sport-touring ride report. With so many people trailering their bike, it is good to see you packing in the heavy miles and providing quality images from the road.

BTW, how many miles on the C-14? Has it been pretty reliable? Original suspension?

Happy Trails,

RB

:lol2: Thanks!

Mine has 61k miles on it now, dad's is somewhere in the 50s. Original suspension on both. I did have my fork seals replaced prior to this one.

They have been very reliable. The only times we've ever been delayed on a trip due to the bikes was when my battery died 5 years ago and then last year when there was a loose connection on the battery terminal. Not the bike's fault. Even after replacing the cam sensor o-rings prior to this trip, I still have a little oil leak coming from somewhere. It's very slow and it coming from where the exhaust headers are blocking my view under the engine. So that's my projection this winter, figure out where that leak is coming from.

Did you pack a tripod? Just curious after seeing those evening beach shots. Those had to be some pretty long exposures! Great shots!

Did you pack a tripod? Just curious after seeing those evening beach shots. Those had to be some pretty long exposures! Great shots!

Sure did. Yeah, that was the only way to get those shots. Most were between 1/50th of a second early all the way to 8 seconds as the sun disappeared.

:lol2: Thanks!

Mine has 61k miles on it now, dad's is somewhere in the 50s. Original suspension on both. I did have my fork seals replaced prior to this one.

They have been very reliable. The only times we've ever been delayed on a trip due to the bikes was when my battery died 5 years ago and then last year when there was a loose connection on the battery terminal. Not the bike's fault. Even after replacing the cam sensor o-rings prior to this trip, I still have a little oil leak coming from somewhere. It's very slow and it coming from where the exhaust headers are blocking my view under the engine. So that's my projection this winter, figure out where that leak is coming from.
What about that big rock you carried on TC8.

What about that big rock you carried on TC8.

Ha! I forgot about that!

Had a bit of a KIPASS issue last year. In the northeast I had give it little love taps to get my ignition key to move. That happened for a couple of days and hasn't happened since. It helps to carry a tiny hammer, just in case, and it also keeps it from happening. :mrgreen:

I thought that tire would be a good photo op, that's why I dug it out of the trash pile and rolled it over by the fence.

36434802961_31d2993866_b.jpg

:trust:

Attachments

• Sedona 2016 Mine 10 (640x427).jpg
    Sedona 2016 Mine 10 (640x427).jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 207
"It was crawling with people, including a couple of people flying drones over the edge, which I’m not exactly sure was legal..."

35764054893_0aa544b29f_b.jpg

:thumbd:

Attachments

• Sedona 2016 60 (455x640).jpg
    Sedona 2016 60 (455x640).jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 198
Yeeha! Stephen: Thank you for placing the tire there! :mrgreen: And the sign you posted is from Canyon de Chelly National Monument. The drones we saw were at Horseshoe Bend. But, I looked into it and it seems as if my assumption was correct. You can't fly in ANY National Parks, National Recreation Areas, or National Monuments. Horseshoe Bend is in the Glen Canyon National Recreation Area, which would make it off limits to drones.

Back