• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Exdreme HD 1080P budget GoPro alternative

So whats the best price to be had on the GP Moto 2 set-up ?

I cant find anything under 250.00 which make the OP's deal sound pretty good ,

My searching skills are say ??????????????? at the least .
Retail is $300 for the motorsports pack (really, that's the one you want)

A Quick Google turned up prices down into the $270s, but not much lower. (unless you're willing to drop to the HD Hero away from the HD Hero 2)

There's other name-brand options out there for less than the GoPro.
The ContourRoam2 can be had for $200
http://contour.com/products/compare_cameras

Yeah I saw that, the Hero2 hasn't been out long though has it?
I wonder what I can sell my HD for? :ponder: I'm thinking an upgrade may be in the cards :trust:, I don't need an excuse to upgrade, its my wife I need an excuse to convince I need the upgrade :rofl:
I know that feeling! :lol2:

In all honesty, I rarely use my GoPro. I like to say that the HD2 would make me use it more because it's more usable, selectable FOV, sharper image, etc, but I don't know that I really would.

In all honesty, I rarely use my GoPro. I like to say that the HD2 would make me use it more because it's more usable, selectable FOV, sharper image, etc, but I don't know that I really would.

I don't know that I would use it that much more either. I'm using mine more now that I'm riding dirt more often, but then I don't do much with the footage. I use it for youth group events too.
If I bought the HD2, I'd end up buying a radio controlled car and/or helicopter too to play with the live stream. Just another expensive hobby I won't have time for :doh:

Other than posting a few laps at Rio, this is the only video I've made with my gopro

[ame="http://youtu.be/i1CBcYmUhIQ"]Katy Vineyard Youth GoKarts April 2011 vr2.mpg - YouTube[/ame]

a solid vote for GoPro :lol2:
dog cam
[ame="http://vimeo.com/21264842"]Dogcam on Vimeo[/ame]

I did strap my GP to my brothers R/C helicopter for an event I was filming, that turned some interesting, but essentially useless footage.
The 170* FOV was quite annoying for that. The HD2 with the narrower FOV would have helped a lot.

With the quality of cameras progressing so rapidly, it's sad that my Canon XL1s is basically worthless :tears:

So whats the best price to be had on the GP Moto 2 set-up ?

I cant find anything under 250.00 which make the OP's deal sound pretty good ,

My searching skills are say ??????????????? at the least .

Go Pro Motorsports edition $270 brand new, used from $250 - Amazon my friends :trust:

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/GoPro-HD-HERO2-Motorsports-Edition/dp/B005WY3TMA/ref=sr_1_2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1350430865&sr=1-2&keywords=go+pro"]Amazon.com: GoPro HD HERO2: Motorsports Edition: Electronics[/ame]

Looks like GoPro is announcing the Hero3 tonight at 12:01AM PST :drool:

Built-in Wifi, lighter, and of course faster/better in every way :popcorn:

621595_10151251593211919_319575797_o.jpg

It seems they're pulling an Apple with their numbering scheme :doh:
(Hero, HD Hero, HD Hero2, Hero3)

Last edited:
:drool: :drool: I neeeeeeeed one of those.

I hope this means the hero2 will drop in price like the hero did when the 2 was about to come out

well crud! I just bought a wifi back for my GP Hero 2 a couple of weekends ago.

I will say that it is very very cool to be able to use my ipad or iphone via their app and preview what the camera sees and be able to control the camera with the iphone or ipad.

That Hero 3 looks SWEET!

I use my Roams a heck of a lot more then I did my Hero. Mainly because the Hero's controls were such a **** and the Roams are so simple. I bet you would use the 2 or better yet the 3 a lot more with the wifi remote.

Back