• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Shark RSI helmet

Reaction score
I wore this helmet for the first time on a European motorcycle tour through the Swiss and Italian Alps.

rsifusion-sil.jpg

On a scale of 1 :thumb: to 5 :thumb: this lid gets a :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb: from me. Lightweight, very comfortable for my head shape, quiet. A great feature is the faceshield that does not fog, at all, with no special attachments like on the Nolan. Also, the quick/easy shield mechanism is a definite plus.

The only (minor) nit I had, and this seems to be the case with most helmet shields, is that water clung to the shield surface when it rained. I tried Rain X, but it didn't help. Anyone know of a good applicant that helps shed water?

I wore this helmet for the first time on a European

The only (minor) nit I had, and this seems to be the case with most helmet shields, is that water clung to the shield surface when it rained. I tried Rain X, but it didn't help. Anyone know of a good applicant that helps shed water?

This stuff was recommended to me by a friend in GB. I haven't tried it yet, but have some on order. I'll try to find this post and put up a better reply once it arrives and I've been able to actually use it. http://www.salclear.com/tt-x.htm

I LOVE my Shark Helmet. I think mine is the RSI2 cuz it looks different than the picture you posted. I bought my wife the next level down. We got 2 new helmets from Power Accs. in NY for $325.

Mine flows air nicely is lighter than my scorpion EXO700 and shield removal is a breeze. It is a bit loud but I always wear plugs so that's not a problem.
Don't know why i don't see more of them.

Hmmmmm...... looks familiar.

It's a great helmet, I'm very happy with it. I'd buy another when this one's done.

Not sure what to do about the rainy shield situation. It's never really bothered me much. If I'm going at speed I just turn to either side and let it blow off. If I'm going slow I'll just swipe my hand across it every so often.

Attachments

• shark_8c.JPG
    shark_8c.JPG
    44.2 KB · Views: 152
Problems with my Shark RSI helmet

First problem.
I've had a Shark RSI for about 3 months now. At first I loved the light weight, comfortable interior and design...

However my faceshield would not close all the way and leaked at the front - enough to let dirt in. The helmet could not be adjusted to close properly. Tucker Rocky (the U.S. Shark distributor) gladly exchanged the helmet with one that does close all the way.

New helmet. New problem.

But now I have another problem. The face shield will pop open about 1/3 of the way at any speed over 70 mph when I head check my blind spots.

It started out doing it on when I checked to the right. I imagine it's because the face shield tab is far over on the left hand side and catches wind. But eventually it began popping up when I checked to the left. (My bike positions me so I am riding straight up and not leaned into the wind. This probably contributes to the aerodynamic problems.

I really liked the RSI, but I have to say my Scorpion Exo 700 sealed much better than this and I never had any problems like this.

I consider this pop-up problem unsafe and much worse than a leak.

Does anyone else have this problem?

Last edited:
Re: Problems with my Shark RSI helmet

I've never owned the helmet in question, but I'd get that on my old KBC at 70+. It scared me pretty good the first time it happened because I rely on my glasses to see where I'm going and my first thought was that the glasses would fly off. I eventually got used to holding a finger or two on the shiled when I'd do a shoulder check.

Sorry I can't be of more help, but other than a helmet with a click-down locking mechanism (my new HJC has one) I'm not sure what to do about it. I suspect it has to do with the ergos on certain bikes, certain height riders, etc. catching the wind more/less than others.

My RSF2 has been great. I don't have any problems w/ mine. My wife has a cheaper Shark and her front vent broke. Dealer in NY sent me the repair part free of charge.

I've recently polished my helmet and windshield with Rejex from http://www.skygeek.comand it appears to do a good job of keeping anything from sticking to the visor - including rain drops.

Re: Problems with my Shark RSI helmet

I consider this pop-up problem unsafe and much worse than a leak.

No similar problems with my RSI. I've had it for about a year now.

It's a well-ventilated helmet which also means it's a bit on the noisy side but not bad. Also, water gets in when highway riding in moderate-to-heavy rain but I'm pretty sure it's just blowing in through the vents. Aside from that, it's very comfy and very light. I look around all the time at speeds in 70-80 range and have never had the shield lift up.

Sorry you've had bad luck with them. I suppose you could try one of their higher-end models but after your experience I'd be wary of throwing more money at them. I like the Scorpion helmets too but they don't fit my head as well as the Shark.

Heinzrx, Thanks for the feedback. I appreciate it.

I noticed from the bike in your signature that your riding position is a little more forward leaning than mine. I suspect that may help keep your faceshield closed. My head is positioned straight up with no windshield so I think I catch more wind. I did find one other person on the 'net that has the pop-up problem I'm experiencing.

I really like the weight and feel of the Shark and it does fit my head better than a Scorpion, so I am considering upgrading to the next Shark model because it has a different latching system for the face shield. I'll post the outcome.

Back