• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2006 Yamaha XT225 F/T

Rudy

Reaction score
Howdy!

This is my '06 Yamaha XT 225 for trade.

It's completed ~16,800 miles so far. Mileage will slowly go up as it is my daily ride.

Bike is in great shape for it's age. There is some damage to the left grip, however it does not appear to have ever been dropped. Recently serviced at 16,454 miles – oil change with new Yamaha oil and air filters, and new spark plug. I replaced a leaking valve cover gasket, and checked the valve clearance.

I rejetted the carb from the stock 125 main/40 slow to 130 main/42.5 slow, which is standard for these bikes. This will also allow you to do the Z1 and/or air box mod without having to do a rejet. I have the old jets and will include them as well. It has the factory Yamaha tool kit, for what that is worth. Bike has a 3 month old AGM battery, and is currently sitting on a pair of Bridgestone street tires. I recently added an Immix luggage rack.

Clear Texas title in my name, registration is good through 06/18.

One of the seat seams is starting to split, as shown in the pictures.

3pw0OG8.jpg

1bFDShd.jpg

KRvtNJS.jpg

vr4lfZq.jpg

V9K85Pk.jpg

I'd like to trade up to something bigger, be it cruiser, sport bike or another dual sport. My preference would be a straight trade for a KLR 650, but I'm pretty open to anything, so long as it is running and I can ride it home. Edit: Willing to add $500 for the right trade.

Cash price: $1800

I live in Brenham, but would be willing to travel to meet up. Any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks,
-Rudy

Last edited:
Price drop to $1900 obo!

Looking for a cruiser-style trade, as my wife is interested in riding with me. Willing to add!

Last edited:
Back