• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

WTB-250ish dual sport or plated (platable) trail bike

jbh

Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Henderson
Anyone have one for sale? I know this thread is similar to another recent thread. 225-250cc or around that 300 pound max weight with fluids. I used to have a XT225, then drz250, then dr650. I miss the 250 size and weight. Would prefer to spend around $2,000 ish. I have also ridden KLX250S and WR250R, both nice bikes but WR may be out of price range.

Just want to see if someone has one in their garage they want to unload. I live in DFW area so if it’s close it’s a bonus.

Thanks.

You might want to take a look at the CRF230F. Only about 231 lbs wet with 19 hp uncorked. Needs no other mods unless you want to plate it.

You might want to take a look at the CRF230F. Only about 231 lbs wet with 19 hp uncorked. Needs no other mods unless you want to plate it.

That is light! Yes I would want to plate it. Or buy one already plated even better. I did plate my DRZ 250 when I had it and got the street title. Not too painful.

Anyone have one for sale? I know this thread is similar to another recent thread. 225-250cc or around that 300 pound max weight with fluids. I used to have a XT225, then drz250, then dr650. I miss the 250 size and weight. Would prefer to spend around $2,000 ish. I have also ridden KLX250S and WR250R, both nice bikes but WR may be out of price range.

Just want to see if someone has one in their garage they want to unload. I live in DFW area so if it’s close it’s a bonus.

Thanks.
Sent PM

Last edited:
Thanks for the PM’s. Replied.

I drove one tonight from Craigslist. Stock 2003 with no mods. Little smaller than I thought and had some hesitation on throttle. He said it had not been started in 5 months. It was not street plated but he had the kit in a box to sell with the bike. Decided to pass.

I drove one tonight from Craigslist. Stock 2003 with no mods. Little smaller than I thought and had some hesitation on throttle. He said it had not been started in 5 months. It was not street plated but he had the kit in a box to sell with the bike. Decided to pass.

If you test drive a CRF230F, take a look at the exhaust. If it is still corked with the factory baffle, then yes it will be a dog. Probably the reason also for the hesitation. A real dog corked up.

Thanks everyone for your offers and leads. I ended up getting the bike I really wanted, pushed my budget up a little. Picked up a WR250R 2009 with 9,000 miles. Safari tank, side bags, seat concepts seat, and a few other goodies came with it. Bought it from a TWT member. Plus it was only 8 miles from my house!

http://www.twtex.com/forums/showthread.php?p=1507030#post1507030

Last edited:
Nice find. I have also been thinking about a bike similar to what you found.

Enjoy your new ride and be safe.

Chuck

WR250R is a great bike. I have seen two come through Guadalajara on trips to South America. Only problems they had were leaking forking seals and a failed fuel pump, replaced under recall. Normal and to be expected repairs on a ride like that.

I have an 03 DR 200 for sale with only 650 miles. Hang on, I'll go find the link.

I have an 03 DR 200 for sale with only 650 miles. Hang on, I'll go find the link.

Thanks for the offer but I bought a WR250r a few weeks ago.

Ah nuts. I just found the link. Have fun with your new ride!

Funny how the budget always changes. I just did the same thing you did and ended paying double the original budget. Congrats on the new bike. Had a 09 WR450F a while back and it was a great bike.

Anything new come up for sale, up to 400cc street legal and dependable. And reasonable, asking a lot I know!

Back