• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Moto transport from San Antonio to Killeen area and back?

k9dr

Reaction score
Hi, All

I live in San Antonio and work at Lackland Air Force Base in a joint service USAF unit, which means I have an awareness of the traffic of military members, especially Army, between San Antonio and Ft Hood in Killeen. Some folks live in one place and have frequent business in the other, etc.

I have a small collection of older motorcycles frequently needing work and my mechanic is a great guy in Kempner, TX, on the path between San Antonio and Killeen/Ft Hood just off of 281. The drive from my house is 2hrs and 15 min, which kills most of a day if I need to take a bike to my mechanic or fetch one back.

I hate driving. Hate it.

So here is my question-- is there anybody on Two Wheeled Texans that drives regularly between Ft Hood/Killeen and San Antonio who would be interested in and able to transport motorcycles (dual sport or ADV bikes or sport bikes) for me for a bit of extra money? I'd rather pay for your gas than my own!

I am normally not in a hurry to get a bike to the mechanic or get one back, so I can fall in with someone else's schedule.

Please PM me if you have any interest.

Thanks,

k9dr

Hi, All

I live in San Antonio and work at Lackland Air Force Base in a joint service USAF unit, which means I have an awareness of the traffic of military members, especially Army, between San Antonio and Ft Hood in Killeen. Some folks live in one place and have frequent business in the other, etc.

I have a small collection of older motorcycles frequently needing work and my mechanic is a great guy in Kempner, TX, on the path between San Antonio and Killeen/Ft Hood just off of 281. The drive from my house is 2hrs and 15 min, which kills most of a day if I need to take a bike to my mechanic or fetch one back.

I hate driving. Hate it.

So here is my question-- is there anybody on Two Wheeled Texans that drives regularly between Ft Hood/Killeen and San Antonio who would be interested in and able to transport motorcycles (dual sport or ADV bikes or sport bikes) for me for a bit of extra money? I'd rather pay for your gas than my own!

I am normally not in a hurry to get a bike to the mechanic or get one back, so I can fall in with someone else's schedule.

Please PM me if you have any interest.

Thanks,

k9dr

k9dr is s good guy looking for a hook up between his place and mine....besides my place in Kempner, I can be found in Killeen many times a week, and occasionally Austin where I work... That may make dropping off or pick up of a bike easier.. My schedule is pretty flexible and I can usually be available even when in class to take delivery or hand off a bike for transport.

Back