• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

NORTH TEXAS RIDE AUGUST 19th BONHAM RIDE SOUTHERN 2

Well come on...bring a lunch and something to drink..we will stop along the way for breaks.

Well after all the rain we had last night in McKinney, I wonder how wet/muddy the ride will be on Saturday!! :)

By the way, I will watch the weather and make a final call on friday night based on the weather.

Can we just call these things what they are? I propose, "Chris' most excellent mud ride"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Expect muddy roads....

Significantly muddier than last month??? Want to bring the Tenere but wondering if the WRR is more appropriate this time??? Don't mind some mud but if we are going to be riding in it all day I might be happier on the small bike.

Rode south of Bonham today ( on a dr650). Gravel roads ok. Dirt roads that run along field or run through a pasture are muddy. Co Road 3725 from the 94 mi to 97 goes across a creek. Water level around 2 ft. All this rain has made it muddy going down in the creek. I sunk down about a foot and got stuck. Didn't cross over. I was going opposite of the ride. Be prepared to dig mud out from the fenders.

I've been watching the radar like a hawk today & it looks like most of the rain we are getting now has missed that area other than perhaps a light sprinkle. Should not be any worse once we get out there.

00ad65971c2c1fc2f5158cb9a8c744be.jpg

Not sure I can handle another day in the mud if it will be like the last one. The mighty KLR doesn't shed mud worth a darn.

The back was far worse and made the bike inoperable.

Last edited:
00ad65971c2c1fc2f5158cb9a8c744be.jpg

Not sure I can handle another day in the mud if it will be like the last one.

As in last month's Bonham ride? I didn't think the mud was too bad last month. Only really two spots that I remember and I don't remember having build up of mud like that.

As in last month's Bonham ride? I didn't think the mud was too bad last month. Only really two spots that I remember and I don't remember having build up of mud like that.

Sorry for the confusion. That picture was from the Ennis makeup ride. The mud made for a long day.

I do like the little bell! Does that keep the bears away?

Well the ride is still on. I have an alternate plan if it gets long or to much to handle. So I will see you out there tomorrow morning.....

I think most people's where too busy picking up there bikes or catching their breath after helping someone else get through the mud to take pictures, but hopefully there are a few pics that people will share. I enjoyed myself and was surprised to find that Sylvie (my wife) had ridden all through the mud without falling off. She finally stopped to wait for everyone and the bike was on its side stand and fell over, but she did really well, the advantage of being on a light weight 250.. can't wait to try again when the mud is a little less sticky.. ��

I didnt take any photos... I was too busy trying to keep upright and picking up the bike.

822313f179104057330b948e0d7ec6e8.jpg

Only picture I got was of Sylvie's muddy bike.

apologies, I'm struggling converting from map source to basecamp! when I download the route you posted above, they download as php file which seems to require some type of file converter. If I just open the file, it keeps kicking off the program to reinstall basecamp (that I already have installed) then proceeds to get hung up.

any suggestions are helpful. Meanwhile, I'd really like to attend the ride can you please post the meetup location address and time?

Back