• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

DG O series can repack?

Reaction score
Got a new XRL, installed this slip on. Sounded great at first. Now its VERY loud with only 1200 miles on the odometer. Should I have to repack this thing that often? If that much packing is blowing out that quickly, wouldn't that cause my jetting to always be off too? I don't like the stock as it sounds like an old beetle with pea shooters on it. The new pipe along with rejetting really woke the bike up, so Id hate to go back to stock. Better pipe for a dual sport machine anyone?

A new exhaust will get a little louder as it breaks in. I looked at a couple of things you might want to check on / in to.

First, it says it has a spark arrestor and you should verify it's installed. It can be removed. Not sure how it attaches on that particular pipe, but the original one I had in my White Brothers pipe decided to launch itself into the woods when the lock screw backed out. It was noticeably much louder and I found a replacement quick (neighbors weren't looking too happy).

The other thing I saw is an insert you can get to tune the pipe and adjust loudness. Evidently there are different size inserts to choose from and I'm not sure which would give you the best performance while restricting noise to a level you prefer. Here's an example:http://www.powersportsuperstore.com...haust-Insert-1in-98-p/4759544.htm?Click=35177
Notice in the description, it says there are various sizes to choose from.

Just went and looked at stock pipe I removed. The outlet is tiny, looks around 1". The exit on the DG O as I have it now is 2":eek2: Im torn between 1.5" and 1 3/8.

Back