• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Big Bend in December?

gixxerjasen

Wow
Forum Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone have any plans for BB in December, away from the holidays? I need to burn a couple extra vacation days and have been wanting to get me and the DRZ down there for a while now. If you have plans and don't mind an extra rider or so, post up please.

Can’t in December, but late January or February I am game. Rolling out of SA area on a Tiger 800XC.

Yea, I've got 7 days of vacation time unscheduled, and can carry over 5 to next year. The other two are use it or lose it, so I figured this'd be a good time and way to use them.

Really hoping to tag along with someone who knows the place since I've never been and won't venture out alone either. My dirt skills aren't noob, but they are far from expert and that's a big place to get lost in.

I’m too am interested. I’ve never been there either so would be nice to find someone who knows their way around. I’d be coming out of San Antonio area with a 4x4 truck and a trailer. Also have a neighbor with property close by that might let us camp. I might also be up for a quick recon trip out there on street bikes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Weather permitting, we will be down there the week after Christmas.

Too lazy to camp but keep me informed what dates your thinking. If it fits, I’ll go. It’s only 800k acres, no chance of getting lost [emoji12]

I go once or twice a year on the gsa but now would like to see the dirt on my xrl

I'd be in too, should have some free time at the beginning of December. Post up

I too have never been and would like to go.

There have been some squawking about the week after Christmas, but haven't seen a lot of air play.

Sounds like we got some interest gixxerjason. I recommend 2 night 3 day minimum since the first and last day are traveling . It’s really far

Jasen, are you talking about the National Park or State Park ? I'm assuming NP. I would like to go back sometime but I don't see it happening this Winter.

I've never been to either one so....not exactly picky at this point. Trying to make it a four day weekend.

I was thinking of going down December 17 through December 20 (Monday - Thursday) Only time I have during the holidays to ride and this is still very early in the planning stages.
Just throwing it out there!

I may be down in December also but uncertain for dates. I'd probably camp at Rancho Topanga.

Last edited:
There will be a few of us there the Sunday before Christmas tell January 2.
This will be the 6th year for us going to BB over the Christmas holidays.
We may be going over to the state park a few days.
There is a thread for the state park for Christmas that has been started and I usually start one also but this one will work.

Yea, that's what I figured, that'll be the time me and son are in Florida visiting his grandparents.

I’m just curious. Is there any place to ride a non street legal dirt bike down there?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll be there before the 1st and staying a couple weeks. Bringing the Jeep and DR, both weather patterns covered. :thumb:

I've been once to the NP and once to the SP.

National Park has more long distances on double track and somewhat easier riding in my opinion. State park is more remote, technical riding. Both are fantastic. My only advise is dont speed on the State Park main road. They are strictly enforced as people have posted about in the past! Its an exercise in restraint to go 30-35 mph down a graded road that you want to fly down.

Back