• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Brazil Motorcycle Chase

Reaction score
Amazing riding skills of a São Paulo, Brazil motorcycle cop in pursuit of a theft suspect.
I lost track of the number of times where he could have wiped out.
:eek2:

[ame="http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5ee_1480448454"]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5ee_1480448454[/ame]

I don't think the thief could believe the cop was still there after each 'move' he made.

That was crazy! That got my heart started for the day. The problem with the whole scenario, though, is what do you do when you catch up to the thief? Is there a bike-to-bike PIT maneuver?

That was crazy! That got my heart started for the day. The problem with the whole scenario, though, is what do you do when you catch up to the thief? Is there a bike-to-bike PIT maneuver?

It appears you get the perp to keep looking back till they run into something.
And it appears it worked to perfection.

It appears you get the perp to keep looking back till they run into something.
And it appears it worked to perfection.

Couldn't tell for sure, but my impression was the next step is to run over him with your front tire.

Couldn't tell for sure, but my impression was the next step is to run over him with your front tire.

Or at least bump him pretty good. Looked like the perp was knocked back to the ground by the officer's front tire.

In Brazil the common way to end a motorcycle chase it to shoot him off his bike, or so I have been told. The Brazil cops don't have to contend with so many terms of engagement restrictions when dealing with crime.

Watching those streets and those moves, I was thinking a DS or supermoto would be the perfect tool for that, so the ending was almost like an ad or testimonial. Does SFPD still run DRZ400s?

The last bike I chased was a CBR600 with an extended swing arm. He soon realized the swing arm was not helping his chances. He just pulled over and stopped before he laid it down. I would not want to use my ST1300P on those streets in Brazil. I think they are using the right bikes for the job.

The problem with the whole scenario, though, is what do you do when you catch up to the thief? Is there a bike-to-bike PIT maneuver?

I'd wager the kid's actually pretty lucky to be alive. In Brazil, it often ends like this (VIOLENCE WARNING):

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYt27WDpo4M"]Motorcycle chase in Brazil ends with police officer shooting teens – video World news The Guardi - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
I'd wager the kid's actually pretty lucky to be alive. In Brazil, it often ends like this (VIOLENCE WARNING):

Motorcycle chase in Brazil ends with police officer shooting teens – video World news The Guardi - YouTube

Fortunately for thieves, more people than not couldn't hit a man with a pistol when both are standing still, much less shooting from one swerving object toward another. In this case, the cop fired from so close that he could just as well have thrown a baseball at the driver and knocked him over like a milk can.

Watching those streets and those moves, I was thinking a DS or supermoto would be the perfect tool for that, so the ending was almost like an ad or testimonial. Does SFPD still run DRZ400s?

Corpus Christi PD still runs some DRZ400s. DRZ and Victory Cross Country. Opposite ends of the spectrum for our motor cops.

HOLY CRAP!! :rofl: I'd be in so much trouble. Wonder how that turned out....and if it was the same officer.

Last edited:
Sheriff's department in Farmington NM used to run KLR's. Not sure of they still do.

Sheriff's department in Farmington NM used to run KLR's. Not sure of they still do.

I'm not sure a KLR could outrun my Honda CRV. :lol2: Then again, it could easily hop a curb and head me off at the pass, so maybe not such a bad choice. :ponder:

Back