• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

2017 pie run schedule

Quick question: So, are Carl (SRAD) and I the only active TWTers based in West Texas at this point? I've often thought of organizing one of these pie runs for somewhere other than near and east of the I-35 corridor, but I've always been scared that only two of us would show for it.

Thoughts?

We have had many pie runs west of I-35 and there are at least three west of 35 this year.
runs to deep west only have had folks from back east show up.

I'm going for the Trinity site. It was the site of the first nuclear fission reaction. A little matter was converted to pure energy. It happened quickly.

The Trinity Site expanded the tour from one to two days recently. Timing works well with the April pie run.

Last edited:
One of the new stops on the schedule....
12c747de079df90f0768c6aeb33f6da4.jpg

f4de198488a67e2e689545701c86140a.jpg

6cbf283a1fcbd794d42d31f7fdd5ee94.jpg

Im havin the Chickin Fried Pork today.....mmmmm
6c8bd18b97a179ff87f5a72f757d32e4.jpg

Some of yall hav sampled the smoked pork tenderloin & dried sausage at different get togethers
Full meat market & a bakery with kolaches too

I spoke with Shirley...my waitress... who has worked for Greens 30 years.... She said they will have a selection of about 4-5 different pies for us..... we jus needta letem kno which piece we want.

Last edited:
Another place to consider: Maxine's in Bastrop. They make all their pies and the pies are delicious!!! Food is good too, big long tables for seating. If placed on the pie run chart, I could look into reserving tables for everyone, I live 3 miles from Maxine's.
Oh...and will someone set up an awesome Google map again! I've an awesome bike now, and wanderlust has hit me fully. I can make some of the pie runs!

Is there some reason why the bonus Pie Run in Pietown can`t be moved to Friday the 31st so people that have to work on Monday can come back on Sunday???:rider:

Is there some reason why the bonus Pie Run in Pietown can`t be moved to Friday the 31st so people that have to work on Monday can come back on Sunday???:rider:
Trinity site tour is on April 1st

Edit: nvm... For some reason I was thinking the 1st was a Monday.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
what, you cant get first week of April off but can get last week of March off?

Its just a matter of using 1 week verses 2 weeks of Vacation. Not to mention I am planning on going down to Uncles the weekend before...:rider:

Im hedded back down to Zabcikville today for lunch at Greens Sausage House if anyone wants ta join me
Be there round 1 pm or so
(gonna let it warm up a bit)

9b55e002417ce87fe4199ce9cd42450a.jpg

Nope.... not giant hush puppies
8d89767154667bfeabe1819d82e17ed9.jpg

Boudin Balls....... soooooo tasty
Never had breakfast there..... but the specialties look good on the menu....
75a16bb5d4edc68555dd19d3694f6f36.jpg

Sent from my LGL34C using Tapatalk

Last edited:
sKatz....awesome map as usual. Makes planning pie much easier. And with graphics for us old farts.

Can't wait to ride to these again. I will be back in Texas this summer. Took me 8 months to figure out I shouldn't have left.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Quick question: So, are Carl (SRAD) and I the only active TWTers based in West Texas at this point? I've often thought of organizing one of these pie runs for somewhere other than near and east of the I-35 corridor, but I've always been scared that only two of us would show for it.

Thoughts?

One more from west Texas. In Littlefield, NW of Lubbock :rider:

here we go one last time

Is there, or will there be a 2018 schedule? I only ask because I'll be riding in Texas at the end of August and would like to attend if it's anywhere near my route. I haven't been to a Pie Run since Hutto in 2010 when we rode over from Phoenix for lunch.

working on technical issues check back tomorrow evening for possible shocking breaking news.

Golly, Leon. I'm on pins and needles...

Back