• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

GLEN ROSE RUN - North Texas Ride - June 10, 2017

Reaction score
So this is the date for the next ride.
I am looking at a short ride around the Glen Rose/Walnut Springs area.
Trying to figure out a staging area that will work for all of us. ...

Unless....you guys want to retry the Ennis Run...except do it backwards.....

What ever the choice let me know...if I don't hear the majority vote I will continue to develop the Glen Rose area. The date is locked. Based on the last ride, I am assuming everyone will update the gear they will carry.

Last edited:
Re: North Texas Ride - June 10, 2017

i will be on the continental divide ride, so maybe catch you in july. There is also a dirty ride going to jacksboro, i do not have the gpx file for it though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think you meant Walnut Springs and most of the gravel in that area was used in the Redneck Ramble. Check the pic's of their first 2 water crossings, on CR1001 and CR1008.
Take 1008 to 51 to 205 and pick up Deep Down Ranch. I'll try to put together more tomorrow.

The Glen Rose area of Texas is beautiful, we rode there 2 weeks ago in the redneck Ramble and it was very dry and dusty, but beautiful. Neither Sylvie or I will be able to make this one, we leave on our Trans America Trail ride on the 8th June and don't get back home for 3 weeks!! Have a great time and hope to see you all in July..

Gary

Based on the last ride, I am assuming everyone will update the gear they will carry.

Being that I had no clue what I was carrying in the tool tube, I checked and only had zip ties and a couple of cables. That should do it for me!

Although for the next ride I might take the TTR so...probably no tools!

HEY CLETUSJ
take alook at this GPX file and tell me what you think. I have included this route because it has a water crossing and a bridge I want to cross.
I would like some suggestions and may include up to another 30 miles...but no more.

Let me know.

Chris

Last edited:

That looks great but you should pick up the water crossing on 2385 east of Iredell.
https://www.google.com/maps/@31.9905678,-97.8291253,142m/data=!3m1!1e3
Add in 411 for twist.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Eul...746c746e0d!2m2!1d-97.7553061!2d32.2345872!3e0

Try to add this little bit in running west to east. It will be worth the little bit of 67.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Cha...0x8651d46456cf8c15:0xd2e744b75c4f2dff!1m0!3e0

If I get the bearings replaced on the Goose rig, I'll try to join in.

This will add a few miles.
https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Hic...0x865036c3ba073f03:0x1990d31768fb808d!1m0!3e0

Last edited:

OK CletusJ
Take a look at this file and tell me what you think...
I incorporated your changes.

Chris

Attachments

• GlenRoseRun 1.gpx
    381.7 KB · Views: 251

That is great and I think you and the others will enjoy. It may be real dusty on those in the Walnut Springs, Morgan, Eulogy area.

Well...i will expect you to be there to be our "guide with this ride.

Ok, maybe its because I'm trying to open these on a tablet, but I can't get these links to open

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

Hey Midnight... The link is a file for your GPS or Google Earth. The file will not open on your computer or phone unless you have a program linked to that type of file.

So right click...save file as or save link as.. then open that file with google earth. You will see the route.

Just so everyone knows, I have a built in alternate route in the event the day runs long. So I can cut out about 30 miles to cut the day down.

Also I am working on a plan to trailer bikes down to the area from the DFW area...so that will not a drag on the 250's making the long trip.

Chris

Let's ride there evening before. Camp, and then ride on Saturday.

I've ridden around that area and it looks like it is going to be a great ride.
I wish I could go but I am going to be on my way to Florida for vacation, hopefully I will get some riding in down there.

Just so everyone knows, I have a built in alternate route in the event the day runs long. So I can cut out about 30 miles to cut the day down.

Also I am working on a plan to trailer bikes down to the area from the DFW area...so that will not a drag on the 250's making the long trip.

Chris

Same here. Taking the TTR this time around. I'll think about camping.

Keep the thread alive...need to keep this ride up there so people will attend...this will be a good ride.

As a summary for the ride...

This is the "Glen Rose Run".
It will be 186 miles if we do the full route. There will be options to stop earlier if needed.
There will be some cool bridges to see,
There will be 2 water crossings...good ones...and a possibility for 2 more if the water is up.

We will depart from the Brookshires grocery store at 8am.

I am not sure about bringing a trailer yet. Still working on the logistics for that.

This will be a good route with lots to see and experience.

Oh...and I have gotten the "no pinch tool" so if we have any flats we can get them changed without a problem....just bring patches and tubes. :clap::clap:
Please let me know if you are coming in an email or private message.

Chris

Start point is the Brookshires of Glen Rose off 67?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back