• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Young Netherlands rider would like to see Texas

Glad I got to meet you Dirk! That was really a chance encounter. If you get a chance to ride with Mr2mch DO IT ! He knows more backroads than any of the rest of us. Always an entertaining time riding with Rod.

Fed this young man some delicious Heim BBQ. I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it.

Clockwise from the top left: Sausage, "bacon burnt ends" (Heim's name for candied, smoked, pork belly), brisket, pork ribs, and pulled pork. The sides are beans, potato salad, and coleslaw. Not pictured is the banana pudding we had for dessert. Oh yes.

zi1r7Z7.jpg

Dang, now I want BBQ. I'm glad he's getting the full Texas experience. You guys are awesome.

Hahaha!! Well, I most definitely enjoyed it! So much so that I'd be willing to beat up a certain baseball-player for Wayne, only to get paid with Heims bbq again! (Wayne knows who I mean [emoji48])
Say Hi to your family again, I loved meeting them!

Ps, pretty amazing to see waiting lines at 12:30 already!
09cf139bd4cb2eba44010391117f3e17.jpg

Now we are about to go to town again! Hope Wayne has 4-wd because I gained at least 10 pounds in one meal!

18d8a950a3f8a1c0fc0c257931310420.jpg

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

Lines at 12:30 are nothing. There are some places where you have to be in line around 10:00am or so to get some before they run out. Texans take their BBQ very seriously ;-)

We spend the afternoon partaking in refreshing beverages at Hop Fusion Brewery, and then headed over to Central Market so Dirk could check out Texas' finest grocer, and partake in additional refreshing beverages on their patio. Many thanks to Ms Pacman for being our chauffeur for the day.

Had a great time and it was so much fun to get hang out for a day with this great guy. I'm pretty sure my wife was ready to marry off our daughter to him, he was that nice. :lol2:

Dirk, we hope to see you again someday very soon!

kH0FDET.jpg

Good stuff, we don't want to send him home hungry for sure. Texans will make sure you are well fed. I'm not a native Texan but I learned from my wife's wonderful grandmother, she always offered to make me something else if I was still hungry...which I never was, but she always made sure. That plate looks like pacman made sure you weren't leaving that table hungry.

Houston / Conroe eta? My parents are also from Netherlands. Maybe can also meet up for a ride,meal or cold beer.

Dirk was properly introduced to Southeast Texas [emoji38]

bdc089d01a246aa60f6529c456ee4e40.jpg

Next US roadtrip bike?

13f3783af9e592e6e9dd162edd8b763e.jpg

The Three Stooges....err...Dutchmen chilling and dining [emoji12]

13ab66748fbfd82783301dcb403ebe89.jpg

Great to meet him and spend time with.

Last edited:
Is he still in Texas or has he packed up and headed home?

Good on all of you taking care of this guy! Leave a good impression!

Tell him that he is more than welcome to sign up as a member here.

Good on all of you taking care of this guy! Leave a good impression!

Tell him that he is more than welcome to sign up as a member here.

Agreed. Thanks to all. It looks like he got a proper Texas experience.

Dirk, I like your new shirt! I hope you will have many great memories.

Back