• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Attention Honda CB600, F4, RC51, 900RR, 929 & 954 owners

Reaction score
First Name
Jonathan
Last Name
Reed
If you happen to own a CB600 99-00, F4 01-06, RC51 00-06, 900RR 98-99, 929 00-01 or a 954 02-03 could you do me a favor and measure the distance apart of the mounting screws for your mirrors?
I own a 2000 Sprint St and want to get rid of my condomed mirrors. I know that the 2000 VFR mirrors (condomless) will fit my bike exactly but they seem hard to come by, as opposed to those other bike mirrors.
Thanks in advance, and feel free to flame about the condom comments

Jonathan

I can measure when I get home, but I can tell you that almost all Honda sportbikes use the same bolt pattern for the mounting plates. They are at different angles though.

I know all of these are the same 900, 929, 954, 1000RR, RC51, F4, 600RR, 2002 and up VFR.

Skid

Thanks Skid,
I'm in no hurry, but would like to know for sure. I appreciate it. By different angle, you just mean in relation of the mounting plate to the ground and not the angle in which the screws enter into the bike, correct? I did a google image search for 2002, 2003 and 2004 all have the condomless mirrors so that may be an option as well.
Jonathan

Correct, I mean the angle of the plate vs the ground. On my CBR the mirrors bolt to the front of the bike where as my VFR they bolt more to the sides of the bike. The mirror from each one will bolt directly to the other, but due to the angle of the mounting plates the mirrors would become even more useless (I only see my elbows when looking in the mirrors on the CBR).

So, even though the mirrors will bolt up to each of the bikes they really arent interchangable due to their design.

Skid

The holes for the mirrors are 40mm apart from the centers and are 6mm wide.

Skid

Thanks, I appreciate it. I'll have to see if those are the same dimensions as on the Triumph and then try some google image searches to see if we can find a replacement that angles the mirrors in a suitable mannor.

Off the top of my head the ones that I would look at would be (in no paticular order): CBR9xxRR, RC51, VFR, F4 and F4i. I can tell you the rr's won't work but I am unsure about any others.

Are you in the Houston area? If so, we can try a VFR mirror on one.

Skid

I'm not but I know that STrider is, last I recall. I am in Austin.
I am 99% sure the VFR mirrors work just fine because other Sprint owners are already using those.

This is a common mod on the '99 - '04 Sprints. As you stated, the VFR mirrors (model year 2000 only) are the ones you want. They only require a little modification to fit the Sprint (one hole on each side needs to be opened up slightly). The other Honda mirrors will be a much bigger headache to install. If you search TriumphRat.net, you'll find tons of info on this subject.

Back