• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

!*Weather Reports*!

Had dinner in W. Houston last night, it was 70*. Left the restaurant, it was 59. Decided to get on back to Austin, it was 39 by Brenham, and 33 by Round Rock. :eek:

Probably be 90* in 10 days... ;-)

TexasShadow said:
Maps and guide books are strewn all over my LR table and one couch right now. What else is there to do?

Yup, I've happily whiled away entire weekends routing trips that I won't take for years. It's so fun!

<-- needs to get a life

<-- doesn't want to if it doesn't involve trip planning

txmedic said:
Low rent. Or living room depending upon your point of view. :-P
:rofl: My first thought was "low rent", too, but thought it had to be something else...

Most folks don't have a "living room", we have a "den"... :-P

Still 71 degrees here near downtown Houston. This is one slow moving line.:scott:

37° and drizzling in Hutto. Yuck. Had to drive to Cameron today and drain the water tanks on the RV.

What joy.

While I was there, I snapped a shot of the normally dry creek, that we've never seen with water in it before...
drycreek.jpg

Last edited:
32 and a off and on drizzle here. Ice on the trees and cars, but the streets are just wet

Remember this cold, wet, stuff in June when we hit the first 100 degrees days. Remember the bridges and overpasses usually freeze first, and keep an eye on the rear view mirror when stopped, those sliding vehicles can come as quite a shock when they make contact.

rocketbunny said:
heh - my co-workers had to explain exactly what an "Ice Storm" was to me over lunch today. Weather here is WEIRD!
They're a real pain in the kiester. As if the road conditions and sub-freezing temps aren't enough, you can just about count on the power going out - maybe for days. The worst one I went through was January 12-13th of '97. I remember the date so well because it was 5 days after my oldest daughter was born. We had been home from the hospital for two days when the storm came and we lost power for a day and a half. We couldn't find other shelter because the roads were extremely hazardous and I didn't want to risk driving my wife and newborn through that stuff. We put her bassinet close to the fireplace and I spent the night and most of the next day burning up all my good pecan BBQ wood. :doh:

Take it slow and its ok. Roads were slick on the way to work, but not nearly unmanageable.

if you don't have to go out, don't.

got a pic of the sun shining through the trees this morning
IMG_1324.jpg

Took the pup to get his stiches out this morning. It took a while to de-ice the windows. The roads have a light glaze on them but not too bad - should be gone soon with the sun out.

One stretch of Arkansas Lane - drops 20 feet or so to a bridge (Rush Creek?) - right lane of the EB side had quite an ice buildup...

Here's what it looked like from across the street from mine and Squidward's house. Looks like something from the Chronicles of Narnia or something!

Attachments

• HPIM1385.jpg
    HPIM1385.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 136
Sitting here condisering taking the bike to the West Houston meet... Cold out, but the roads are pretty dry...

Gilk51 said:
It took a while to de-ice the windows.

Chuck, reminds me of a very recent incident where I made de-icing seem like not a big deal when hearing:
"Well Good Grief, if you kept your car in the garage, we wouldn't have to be out here in the miserable cold scraping ice." said my sweet wife who will not ride and doesn't seem to understand the grin plastered on my face after a ride.
Neal

Eltee said:
if you kept your car in the garage
People actually *DO* that? :eek2:

Neal, scaped the windows on the wife's Honda to take the pup to the vet. Scraped them on my Jeep so I could go to work and later get an estimate on some recent damage.

I should have stayed in bed. I slipped on some ice at work near my building, landing on my back and back of my head. :doh: I was wearing my light MC jacket, so that helped some, but I have a sore back, a bruise/knot where my belt & belt loop were on my back, a sore shoulder, etc. Advil helps. No hurts on the head (same consistency as concrete). Grrrr. :shrug:

Gilk51 said:
I should have stayed in bed. I slipped on some ice at work near my building, landing on my back and back of my head. :doh: I was wearing my light MC jacket, so that helped some, but I have a sore back, a bruise/knot where my belt & belt loop were on my back, a sore shoulder, etc. Advil helps. No hurts on the head (same consistency as concrete). Grrrr. :shrug:
You should have been wearing your helmet, Chuck :)

I hope you're okay. I slid down my porch steps on my bum yesterday, too. I feel for ya.

Back