• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Charlie "Rocket Cowboy" Clemmer - Plano, TX

Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Not too many pictures of me and my current ride, but here's one from just last weekend.

DSC01094.jpg

It would be HERE ...

DSC01091.jpg

Right outside of Brady, TX ... the geographic center of Texas. :D

:tab You know, Texas is not exactly a symmetrical shape! It makes me wonder how they qualify any place as the exact geographic center? Leave it to the geometry nerds though... :roll:

You must have looked at my pics already! :D

The sign actually spells out how they decided where the center was ... I've attached it too just for reference. ;)

DSC01106.jpg

"That bike in the picture looks too clean to have just been rode all the way out there. What you can't see is just to the left of the picture is the Uhaul trailer that the bike was just unloaded from."
:lol:
Sorry, Charlie, I just couldn't help it!

leadwolf said:
Couldn't you have found a faster touring bike?????

:lol:

It was actually a tough debate. I was torn between the Busa and the Viffer. In the end, I went with the Busa for two reasons ... I already own a bunch of the suzuki specific tools, and at the time I bought the bike, I was not in a position to be able to test ride one ... being inexperienced with the V4 in a bike, I felt there was too much risk for me not liking the power delivery on that bike.

Had I of been 100% healthy, or even 65% healthy for that matter, and been able to ride both bikes before purchasing, I might have made a different decision. As it was, my girlfriend was beating me up that I needed to get back on 2 wheels as soon as possible after my wreck, so I went with the bike I knew I would love.

being inexperienced with the V4 in a bike, I felt there was too much risk for me not liking the power delivery on that bike.

:lol: I doubt it compares to the Busa with its extra few CC's over the VFR. :roll: Apples n' Oranges... But we all know which one is better, don't we? ;-) :-P

Adios,

Tourmeister said:
:lol: I doubt it compares to the Busa with its extra few CC's over the VFR. :roll: Apples n' Oranges... But we all know which one is better, don't we? ;-) :-P

Adios,

The Busa has a less aggressive riding position (for me) so helps keep weight off the bad shoulder, so I guess the Busa is a better touring bike. ;)

:chug:

WHAT!!?? Less agressive? I would never have guessed that one! Now I am gonna have to go find a busa to sit one and see how it fits. I sit almost completely upright on my VFR. Of course, I do have Helibars installed.

Adios,

Geez... you have this huge bike blocking all the scenery in all the pics :scratch :-P What route did you take?

What he doesn't mention is that, on the busa, the ride only took 4 hours. :lol:

Tourmeister said:
What route did you take?

I slabbed it most of the way. Not knowing what to expect, I thought that was the best plan for my first IB ride. Helped with not having to worry about gas stops and what not.

I basically took I-20 out of Dallas all the way out to Birmingham, I-65 up from Birmingham to Nashville, I-40 from Nashville to Little Rock, then I-30 from Little Rock back home. For the Saddle Sore 1000, I stopped in Memphis just over 19 hours into the ride with a mileage (on the map) of 1053 miles. If I had left on time from Memphis, I would have made it back home in Dallas before 5:23pm Sunday with 1547 miles (on the map), but as it was, I got home at 8:00pm instead. Too much time spent socializing in Memphis.

Now I'm starting to plot out my next multi-day ride to see where that takes me. :)

Center of Texas

Does anybody else disagree with how they calculated the "Geographic Center of Texas"? Read the close up picture of the sign. What they describe sounds more like the "Volumetric Center of Texas".

Rocket_Cowboy said:
Hmm ... guess I should update my thread with some new pics since the Busa is history ...

That is really a great looking bike. The ST is a true work of art. Should be considered a priceless work of art........

Well I guess I am a little biased.

Pete

Nah, if I had the money to burn, I would trade up from the Connie to the ST...just leaves me more money for farkles right? :dude: Is the ride east on for next week?

Rocket_Cowboy said:
Musta been an aggie who decided that was center. :D

*me ducks and runs*

It couldn't have been a Longhorn, since they are ALL convinced they are the center of the universe. I give you Rickey Williams in his "60 Minutes" interview as proof. :twisted:

If I make the mistake of wearing anything other than maroon & white, my SO could decide to chemically neuter me in my sleep :eek: :shock:

Charlie, from the temps, thursday would be a springtime ride east :mrgreen:

Dragwn said:
Charlie, from the temps, thursday would be a springtime ride east :mrgreen:

I'm actually thinking up TWO different rides for next week ... will post more details tomorrow.

Back