• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Terlingua Big Bend

Heading down myself tomorrow at the buttcrack of dawn.
And not too soon.
Same here, gonna take 190, vs. hours on I-10, leaving 7:30 ish I'd guess, then jump south at ft stockton towards alpine I think. Never been there before so it will be an interesting ride. If ya see a Moto Guzzi Stelvio, say hi. What are you riding?

I'm headed there on Thursday with a few other TWT derelicts.

Maybe we arrange a group dinner or otherwise meet up in Terlingua or the park or something...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

I'm headed there on Thursday with a few other TWT derelicts.

Maybe we arrange a group dinner or otherwise meet up in Terlingua or the park or something...

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

Just sent you a PM with my tele. Would love to meet up with other TWTers down there.

Beautiful riding day last Friday, rain on Saturday and another beautiful riding day Sunday. Sunday we tackled both Old Ore and Black Gap, two I hadn't been on before. What a blast!

Sent from my Android tablet using Tapatalk.

I saw at least 5 KTMs at the Rock House on 170 west of Lajitas this afternoon on my way back from a river trip. Are those some of you on this thread?

Well, I was the guy on a black Moto Guzzi if anyone saw one. I just rode around the National park for a couple days and took in a little gravel with Old Maverick road, but was riding alone on more of a big fat dual sport and camping at Chisos Basin. Got 3 hours of rain coming home Sat. but it was still a lovely trip. I now know cell phones don't seem to work well there, like nada until you are on a high hill or in Terlingua.

Back