• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Dual Sport Breakfast 9AM Sat, Dec 12, 2015 - Lost Maples Cafe in Utopia

Reaction score
First Name
Sander
Have breakfast, talk bikes, kick tires, meet up and/or plan dual sport rides for the day.

Lost Maples Cafe
384 FM 187 Main Street
Utopia, Texas
830-966-2221
www.lostmaplescafe.com

Utopia, Texas weather

DSC03071_zps97345cb2.jpg

map_zpsa2laykc7.gif

Last edited:
Dangit, Sander; already have plans for the weekend...hummm, we'll see...breakfast in Utopia, dinner in Marble Falls...works if you're strommin!

I'm a definite maybe!

With this weather forecast I'm in. Need to ride.

Lee
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anyone coming through Bandera, a group will be meeting at 8:00am East of Bandera on Hwy 16 and Polly Peak. 3 mile east of Bandera. Meet at the car wash on Polly Peak (large parking area) Will be at Hwy 16 and state 470 about 8:15.

Last edited:
Lee, I see from your sig that you have sold your wee. i am sad.
But, I won't hold it against you--for long. Ha!
See ya in Utopia!

Look forward to seeing both of y'all! I know of several more attendees at this point.

I'll be heading up from the south, FM462 to CR211 to CR354 to RR187.

Lee, I see from your sig that you have sold your wee. i am sad.
But, I won't hold it against you--for long. Ha!
See ya in Utopia!

Gina you are sooooooo forgiving :trust: My wee will be joining us for breakfast, does that help :rofl:

Look forward to seeing both of y'all! I know of several more attendees at this point.

I'll be heading up from the south, FM462 to CR211 to CR354 to RR187.

CR211 will help get your blood pumping and ready for a great breakfast.

I'll have Russ and Duane along as well. :rider:

Dangnabit! now I've had to go and rethink my weekend riding. I guess I can make it all ( if it isn't too rainy ). Lee I'll try and meet you at 16 and 470, I'll come across English Crossing. Why take a main road when there is a byway to take. After breakfast I'll ride a little way with Sander if he is going the way I expect, then break off and head through Kerrville, Fredricksburg and up to Marble Falls to camp before BBQ on Sunday. If it is too wet I may go back to Pipe Creek for the night and see if I can make Bertram on Sunday. Gina it sounds as if you might be thinking of a similar plan, maybe we could coordinate. - Bill

Last edited:
Bill,
We can certainly coordinate. JT will be joining in too. I roughly plotted a meander that google says would take us 4 hours to get to Adventure Trail. We might barely have enough time to pitch tents before going to look at Christmas lights in MF? Or just chill in place... I'm flexible.

Gina, Google said my meander was about 4 hrs also. It even has about 2 miles of dirt! That should be enough time if we eat a big breakfast and don't waist to much time along the way. - Bill

is the dirt on Althaus Davis Ranch rd? I think that is a road JT and I tried a couple of months ago and had to turn around. Me and Suzi don't do deep sand. (Shoulda seen my tracks; fishtailed all over the place. was a wonder i didn't go down.)

I reckon Molly can plow thru it and I'm willing to try again, but we may have to detour on our detour. Saw'right, we got all day!

That wasn't Althaus-Davis Rd. that we turned around on. I have ridden Althaus-Davis once. It was 4 or 5 years ago and it still had some dirt then. It looks paved in the satellite images now.

Sander, sorry I think we hijacked your thread. Looking forward to the breakfast and hopefully part of your ride.
Gina, yes it was Althaus-Davis Rd. Street view (June 2011) shows it dirt from about the Gillespie Co. (they went and paved all their roads) to 3347. - Bill

Rain or shine, the breakfast is still on for Saturday...I need to ride.

I do understand anyone that skips it. Sunday looks much better but I have a commitment.

I'll buy breakfast for whomever rides the farthest to Utopia for the breakfast.

well, H-E-double toothpicks; i scratched my eye today, it's gotten worse--i should go see the doc in the morning. despite the weather, i was looking forward to meeting up with ya'll in Utopia.

Still plan on heading to Marble Falls Saturday. and definitely Q on sunday.

Thanks Sander. Great Breakfast and good seeing such a variety of bike.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back