• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New guy from Bryan checking in

Merlyn

Reaction score
G'Morning, all!

Just thought I'd take a moment to say howdy.

As the title mentions, I am currently living in the Bryan area (actually in Edge, Texas, Population 84. Saaaalute)

I'm a professional computer geek, amature mechanic (MMI alumni, used to work for Action Sports here in B/CS) and official mileage whore in training.

I'm currently riding an '06 Firebolt and trying to keep my wife's '81 Virago 750 running.

I try to get out for a longish ride every other weekend, tires and finances permitting.

Anywho, that's the basics. Glad to meet you all!

Merlyn Graves
--Now returning to his regularly scheduled lurking.

Re: FNG from Bryan checking in

Merlyn said:
G'Morning, all!

Just thought I'd take a moment to say howdy.

As the title mentions, I am currently living in the Bryan area (actually in Edge, Texas, Population 84. Saaaalute)

I'm a professional computer geek, amature mechanic (MMI alumni, used to work for Action Sports here in B/CS) and official mileage whore in training.

I'm currently riding an '06 Firebolt and trying to keep my wife's '81 Virago 750 running.

I try to get out for a longish ride every other weekend, tires and finances permitting.

Anywho, that's the basics. Glad to meet you all!

Merlyn Graves
--Now returning to his regularly scheduled lurking.

Welcome to the board, dude. How bout some pics of the Buelly?? I love fast tractors!;-);-)

Re: FNG from Bryan checking in

Welcome aboard. I think I passed you going the opposite way about a couple months ago, if your bike is the orange and black scheme.

I was riding between Edge and Hilltop lakes one Friday morning and I cant imagine there are too many firebolts in that area.

Welcome to the site :wave:

Philip! Where have you been dude?! We have not seen you and Tracy in forever! Thought maybe you graduated and went off and forgot about us :-P

Thanks everyone!

pdef- Yep, that'd be me... I live out past Edge on Macey Road.

Merlyn

Merlyn said:
Thanks everyone!

pdef- Yep, that'd be me... I live out past Edge on Macey Road.

Merlyn

Merlyn-
I didn't mean anything derogatory by the tractor comment. I really do love Buells. The XB12S is my favorite and I'd have one today if I weren't 6'5". Even on the long one, I'm folded up like a pretzel.

Again, welcome to the site.

pacman1 said:
Merlyn-
I didn't mean anything derogatory by the tractor comment. I really do love Buells. The XB12S is my favorite and I'd have one today if I weren't 6'5". Even on the long one, I'm folded up like a pretzel.

Again, welcome to the site.

Oh no worries there- I thought it was funny! Least you called her a "fast" tractor :: chuckle :: I'm kinda hard to offend.

Here's a couple pics from last June when I brought her home:

Buellright.jpg

45b2a984.jpg

6'5"- Yikes! I'll bet you would be a little scrunched on a Buell. I have the opposite problem- I can just barely reach the ground from the saddle on most everything. (I'm 5'3", which explains the thick skin 8-))

Merlyn

Welcome, Merlyn.

I've got to ask about that avatar. I understand silencers, but why is the figure bound?

Welcome! Nice ride! Hope to meet up sometime, especially since you're not that far from me in Temple.

Eulogite said:
Welcome, Merlyn.

I've got to ask about that avatar. I understand silencers, but why is the figure bound?

Just my opinion, since I "stole" the avatar in the first place, from a guy on the Phoenix Sportbike Club forums...

The "Silence is Golden" bit is referring more to the guy in the chair than to the suppressed weapon. This idea is a Gangland style execution, apparently of someone who knows something people don't want talked about. Dead men tell no tales and all that.

Least that's my take on it.

Merlyn

It's interesting to read others' take on what the avatar means. I was thinking it was referring to a code of silence among POWs or something. Something like "they can put a gun to my head, but I'll take a bullet before I spill my guts..." But then it seems like I've read that soldiers who are captured are encouaged to go ahead and answer questions since what little they may know is not worth the pain and suffering they'll be subjected to if they refuse to answer. They is probably all just Hollywood heresay though, so who knows....

:wave: Looking forward to meeting you & the wife sometime soon. I believe the next Pie Run is in Brenham. :eat:

Back