• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Hi from down under

Davoxt

Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Nozzle
First run in the bush with my new 06 dr650 was fantastic except for about 10km of river rock, pebble around size of golf ball and as deep as beach sand.
The bike was a handful nearly dropping her three or four times but she was great on sand, bull dust being a small handful and very stable on any gravel tracks even at hwy speeds.
My 10 year old girl was on her ttr90 and showing me up a bit in the river rock as she has no fear and runs flat out always well until she ran out of fuel 5km from town.
We live in the out back of Western Australia make that the Pilbara region with tracks running into national parks and water holes all over the place.
My son has a bike thats 25years old and still going strong, Suzuki ER185 starts first kick I only hope my DR last that long.
I have a B12 as my road bike but the DR so good on the road, sitting on 120km all day long I can see my bandit having a well earned rest.

Attachments

• IMG_0250_editedaaaaaa.JPG
    IMG_0250_editedaaaaaa.JPG
    82 KB · Views: 120
  • IMG_0057_editedaaaaaaaaaaac.jpg
    IMG_0057_editedaaaaaaaaaaac.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_0259aaa.JPG
    IMG_0259aaa.JPG
    72.2 KB · Views: 127
  • IMG_0265rrr.JPG
    IMG_0265rrr.JPG
    56.2 KB · Views: 118
Sounds fun!

Hmmmm . . . now, if I ever get rich, we "know" someone there to "visit". ;-) :lol2: :mrgreen:

Searching for info on DR650 and a thread form one of your forums returned a hit.
Love the site, full of info with Texas having a climate similar to the Pilbara being hot most of the year i can relate to the stories.

See Yaa

Davoxt said:
Searching for info on DR650 and a thread form one of your forums returned a hit.
Love the site, full of info with Texas having a climate similar to the Pilbara being hot most of the year i can relate to the stories.

See Yaa
I'm going to guess that our average humidity level, especially in the Houston area greatly outpaces your own.
:giveup:

Interesting that you should find us that way. I hang out on the GTR1000 board down there on your rock every now and again.

Back