• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

The Riveteer Pulls Up Stakes!

Congrats. Are you going solar or are you going to be hooked into the grid?

Plug me into the grid, please!
(Would have loved to go solar, but too many tall trees-would be difficult to get the panels where they’d get enough sunlight.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need before/after progress pics!

4dce0d7824ff84165ff897761ba75644.jpg

KubotaMiketx incredibly offered his time, energy and some awesome equipment. Huge thanks, Mike!

39262453a1c590606e33cd6ebc5c413d.jpg

b21ba7b78698e52b0ade9c8d37f8e074.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Oh, Gina!!! YAY!! KubotaMike, you are awesome!!!

I think we were all working so hard that nobody took before and after pictures.

Just want to say thank you to SAB for picking a record breaking hot as heck weekend for this initial work day, I don't think I have sweat so much in the past 10 years. :)

Just want to say thank you to SAB for picking a record breaking hot as heck weekend for this initial work day, I don't think I have sweat so much in the past 10 years. :)

Ah, don't mention it!

Brian, not quite ready for move in. Electricity still has to be run in, good electricians stay busy round here.

gina, got a question.

can you receive over the air broadcast television (not connected to cable or satellite)in kerrville from san antonio? i am testing equipment at the salvation army facility and without getting into long explanation want to know, ... if yes, can you get the close captioning over the air. dont bother with this if not convenient to tell . just thought to ask since you live in k ville.

Short answer: I don’t know.

Long: I haven’t owned a tv in 5 years. I’m not the person to ask!

Perhaps someone else out here will post up

Short answer: I don’t know.

Long: I haven’t owned a tv in 5 years. I’m not the person to ask!

Perhaps someone else out here will post up

No $114 month cable bill? How do you survive. Gotta have my Bering Sea Gold, American Pickers tv shows, et al.

I was thinking you said something like that at that store we were all eating lunch at coming back from Menard tx. No big deal. May just pick this up for my diagnostic testing bag o tricks
34b9b4dd-0005-4c7e-8c2a-8da746013489_1.86698d957837c602710da80091e203df.jpg

Last edited:
When's the move date already? I know if I'm excited to see it in it's new spot, you've got to be going crazy to get it there.

Hey Gina.... Hopefully..your lil bit o peacefulness is off of one o those nice county roads that dead end at someones gate...(read...lite traffic)

Nuthin worse than havin those pesky barritone bellows smokin up n down a busy road rite if front of your place.... (@2am)
Ask me how I kno.....

1035 Galaxy Dragway

Sent from my LGL62VL using Tapatalk

Last edited:
When's the move date already? I know if I'm excited to see it in it's new spot, you've got to be going crazy to get it there.

Still no definite move date (heavy sigh). Getting power is taking longer than planned....investigating all options...

Water meter was installed last week, so some progress was made...

Yes, I've got itchy feet to get out there!

Hey Gina.... Hopefully..your lil bit o peacefulness is off of one o those nice county roads that dead end at someones gate...(read...lite traffic)

Nuthin worse than havin those pesky barritone bellows smokin up n down a busy road rite if front of your place.... (@2am)
Ask me how I kno.....

1035 Galaxy Dragway

No thru traffic at all, short road with only two other homes. One is a retired chief of police.

Once you get living out there it will be a more relaxed pace. Work in mornings and evenings and rest in A/C when real hot. I am on my my 3rd. homestead in 25 years I don't have another in me and I realize just to enjoy the living. The work is never done. I made a lot of mistakes in the planning stage as far as placement, but it's all fun.
I started a brush pill with intentions of burning 3 years ago. The Red Birds love it for nesting. We have birds at our feeder and bird water / bath off the porch/ window year round and love watching them. The brush pile has changed to wildlife habitat. Enjoy the adventure.

Hey Gina, congratulations on your piece of land, I just ran into this wonderful news
it's a lot of work for sure, but it should be reward it!!!
all the best!!!

No thru traffic at all, short road with only two other homes. One is a retired chief of police.
Wish mine was as quiet.... But Im close to towns....Waco Crawford McGregor Valley Mills....so thats a consolation I guess

Are you gonna build after a while....or stay mobile

Congrats! Love the Airstream. Wonderful area down that way. Is your electric served by BEC? If so, they offer internet services. They are building out fiber in a bunch of areas. Closer to Borne to start was the first, but still in the area.

Back