• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

There's nothing particularly difficult about riding in water that deep or deeper. What makes it interesting is that darn algae hiding at the bottom.

There's nothing particularly difficult about riding in water that deep or deeper. What makes it interesting is that darn algae hiding at the bottom.

Exactly, and the slower the water is flowing the worse it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly, and the slower the water is flowing the worse it gets.

Yea, I got attached by the ninja moss once. They are relentless little ninjas!:rider:

Lucky for me it was hot as you know what and I was on the DR650 not the AT.

The worst drop in water I've ever had on any kind of crossing was water about 1/4" dp on concrete...

The algae though... :eek2:

I could barely stand on it without falling!! Getting the bike back up without help was a real challenge!

The worst drop in water I've ever had on any kind of crossing was water about 1/4" dp on concrete...

The algae though... :eek2:

I could barely stand on it without falling!! Getting the bike back up without help was a real challenge!

Yeah. Last time we did it a guy on a KLR fell twice on his bike and once just walking...

Wow, that first crossing was really low! Last time I was out there a few years ago the water went a lot further up onto each side and it got pretty deep. We had several riders go down there. One flooded his engine and we had to pull the spark plug to get him going again.

Back