• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Mosheim, TX

Reaction score
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
Cowsert
A friend of mine lives in Mosheim. All there is there is a community well house, a closed post office, and a very cool old school house. The schoolhouse front is a scaled down copy of the Alamo. There's about 50 residents and my pard is fixin to open a gunshop there soon. The ride there is a bikers dream. Long stretches of wide, smooth pavement roads with long sweeper curves through the Hill Country. If ya get hungry there's a little place in nearby Jonesboro that sells sliders.

We just drove through Mosheim on the way to Clifton yesterday... Wife and I were thinking it would be a nice mellow ride to no place :-D

When will your friend be opening his shop? and does he have a particular focus? Hand guns? Hunting? Military? etc etc...

Passing though Mosheim again on Monday with luck.

After you visit Mosheim, take the short ride to McGregor via Crawford and check out the SpaceX rocket test facility.

4283904410_91382c4b7e.jpg

SpaceX Rocket Test Stand by JimNtexas, on Flickr​

We just drove through Mosheim on the way to Clifton yesterday... Wife and I were thinking it would be a nice mellow ride to no place :-D

When will your friend be opening his shop? and does he have a particular focus? Hand guns? Hunting? Military? etc etc...

Passing though Mosheim again on Monday with luck.

My pard,(Jeff) lives on the west side of 215, about a block south of 217. His house is the white one with the covered porch and 3 car garage. He owns most of the frontage in that stretch. There's a treed area on the north side of his house, where he plans to build his shop. He has a Federal Firearms License and is takin training to be an NRA instructor. He plans on teaching classes for Concealed Carry Permits. He wants to have all kinds of guns, handguns, rifles, shotguns, military and hunting, and just plain plinkers. He has been to gunsmithing school and knows his way around firearms. Last summer I was down there and we were sittin on his front porch watching the bikes go by on a Sunday. I'll bet at least 100 motorsickles passed through the intersection of 215 & 217. We discussed the fact that maybe he should put a few picnic tables and a Pepsi machine in the parking lot when his shop is built. It would make a nice place for bikers to take a break in the shade and have a cold beverage, and being as a lot bike riders are also shooters, they might just come into his shop and buy something. He had a Harley Superglide but was forced to sell it to buy a new pickup, so he is definately biker friendly.

Last edited:
My pard lives about a 1/4 mile from there. Take a left at the stop sign and it's the white house with the 3 car garage on the right. The ride there is great! If you go south on 215,towards Gatesville, it's 15 miles to the next stop sign. Beautiful country.:rider:

My Name is Jeff Like Curly27784 said. I live in Mosheim on 215 I'm working on opening a gun Shop there with a shooting range. I will have a large covered porch on my shop and will have a gazebo set up and will have a vending machine so all bikers wanna stop in and take a break and just relax in a country atmosphere you are more than welcome to do so.

Last edited:
Bronco78 I plan to have a little of everything except class 3 firearms I'm not paying that outrageous fee for it lol.

Bronco78 I plan to have a little of everything except class 3 firearms I'm not paying that outrageous fee for it lol.

Good deal. :-D

Wife and i spotted your place this afternoon on the way by. Once your up and running, we will have to take a ride out that way and see what ya got.

Thanks

Erik

Sounds good Bronco I'll put on here when I open like I said all are welcome to sit and relax and take a break from the saddle And who knows ya might wanna buy a gun or ammo lol

Good deal. :-D

Wife and i spotted your place this afternoon on the way by. Once your up and running, we will have to take a ride out that way and see what ya got.

Thanks

Erik

Whatever you do, ALWAYS obey the stop sign on 217 at 215. Trucks come through that intersection so fast (it's not a four way stop)the wind will almost blow ya off Jeff's front porch. I'm talkin scary fast.:rider:

Yea the speed limit sign says 50 I think they seem to think its says as fast as you can drive lol but on a serious note we have small children who walk and ride bikes on road and we as the community ben fighting county to lower speed limit in our community. but maybe seeing my store will help out lol one can only hope :doh:

So, how is it a ghost town if it has an oasis and gun shop? ;-)

Sounds like just a small town to me, houses and all.

fm215_fm217_0205q.JPG

Keep us posted as to when you will be open - 217/215/56 is one of my favorite routes between Gatesville and Whitney.

I sure will keep everyone on this thread updated will be doing several differnt classes as well as having all kinds of types of guns and will have coffee pots and soda machines and im looking at sometime getting with this club and makeing my place to be a stop during a run.

So, how is it a ghost town if it has an oasis and gun shop? ;-)

Sounds like just a small town to me, houses and all.

fm215_fm217_0205q.JPG

Keep us posted as to when you will be open - 217/215/56 is one of my favorite routes between Gatesville and Whitney.

A ghost town doesn't necessarily mean that the town is completely abandoned. Tombstone and Oatman, Arizona, Boden, California and many other towns are considered to be "living ghost towns", meaning the buildings are no longer used for their original purpose. Mosheim has a good sized school that is no longer used and what appears to have been a gas station that is now used as a social club. The addition of a new business may revitalize it.

A ghost town doesn't necessarily mean that the town is completely abandoned. Tombstone and Oatman, Arizona, Boden, California and many other towns are considered to be "living ghost towns", meaning the buildings are no longer used for their original purpose. Mosheim has a good sized school that is no longer used and what appears to have been a gas station that is now used as a social club. The addition of a new business may revitalize it.

And then there is Terlingua and if you're really adventurous, Ruidosa, TX (not RuidosO, nm)...just another example. The latter only has a "cantina". Pretty friendly folks if the Cartel's haven't chased them off...or worse.

{stepping on soapbox} Our "D.C." politicos don't care much about the war going on our border. {stepping off soapbox}

Ucee, I grew up around Norse and rode those roads a lot in the early 70s. I still love to get down that way occasionally. I'll be sure to stop in at your shop when you get it going.

I've tried to keep up with the things going on along the border. It's pretty sad that the farmers and ranchers down there aren't getting any protection from the gov't. As if the wild hogs aren't a big enough problem, they have to deal with dope smuggling murderers and "undocumented immigrants".

DirtRoad well Just keep a eye out It seems everytime I take 1 step forward I go back 15 on the loan process and grant approval. lol typical beauracrats lol but I will keep everyone updated as when im looking at but If you really know what ya want I can order anytime on a individual basis right now so come on out I would love to visit and make a deal lol

About three years ago the facade on the school was leaning badly. A year or so ago it fell.

Back