• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Suzuki Intruder VL 1500 LC Tires

Reaction score
First Name
LEONARD
Last Name
HEAD
Looking for advice on what kind of tire to get for my cruiser. I am in Cleburne. I found the sizes, per specs, are front=150/80-16 and rear=180/70-15.

1. where do you get your tires?

2. what kind of tires are best for a cruiser of my type?

3. where you buy, do they mount also?

4. if do not mount at same store, then where?

If you can think of anything else...please let me know.

Thank you in advance,

It's hard to go wrong with the Metzler ME880 tires for price vs. longevity.

Funny you suggest Metzlers. When I bought the bike about 3 weeks ago, those are what came on the bike.

Any suggestions on where to look for some around Cleburne area?

I am currently looking at pricing in the J&P Cycles catalog.

Thank you for the quick reply...

I just ordered a set for my Concours from Southwest Moto Tires because they pay shipping if you order both front and rear.
Don't check just yet. It seems they have gone riding. At least that is what the webpage says. :rofl:

The tires I ordered for my last bike (Intruder LC) came from Discount Motorcycle Tire.
I think I ordered Dunlops. I simply ordered what came on the bike as original equipment.

After they arrived, I had them installed at a local dealer during oil change service.

If buying online, I always use SW Moto. Locally for your area, I haven't a clue.

The only tire I would run on my Valkryie were Avon venom R , twice the milage of Dunlop's and I could ride in the rain without having to change pants afterwards . And DMT is where I bought them . SEYA

Arrowhead6993 said:
Looking for advice on what kind of tire to get for my cruiser. I am in Cleburne. I found the sizes, per specs, are front=150/80-16 and rear=180/70-15.

1. where do you get your tires?

2. what kind of tires are best for a cruiser of my type?

3. where you buy, do they mount also?

4. if do not mount at same store, then where?

If you can think of anything else...please let me know.

Thank you in advance,
+1 on the ME880
I changed my OEM bridgestones to ME880s on my LC when I changed my first set of tires. Handled WAY better. If you want even more opinions and advice I suggest you visit the LC forum on Delphi. Some great guys with good info over there. Tell em Little John sent ya!
http://forums.delphiforums.com/RLCMC/start

Any of you do business with American Motorcycle Tire?

I found the Metzler ME880 for $112.78, size 180/70HB-15.

I checked with a local shop and they quoted me a price of $243 for the same tire. I did not stick around to find out if it included mounting or not.

Thanks for your help...

txmedic said:
It's hard to go wrong with the Metzler ME880 tires for price vs. longevity.

Arrowhead6993, I always ran the ME880s on my `02 RoadStar 1602cc, got about 8-10K miles on rear and 12-14K on the front.

Leonard, I bought my tires from RideGear.com and then SWmototires.com. I've had my tires mounted at Honda West in Cleburne. They charged about $60 (1hr of labor) to mount and balance the tires.

You might try Randy's cycles on Business 67 going towards Keene. He's a cruiser guy and has signs out for Dunlop and a couple of the major cycle parts catalogs out front.

I've not been in there myself, but i'll be checking him out when I'm due for new tires in ~4k mi.

Randy is a good guy. My dad went to school with him and he's been riding Harley's for years.

Back