• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

brake bleeding advice please.

Reaction score
The new EBC front pads resulted in a big improvement in braking power. There is still softness in the lever that pumps up with a couple of squeezes.

My question (I don't have a service manual yet) Is there a bleed port near the ABS pump, or some special process to use?

Go to YouTube. Type in How To Bleed Suzuki Bandit ABS brakes. Many articles

The Suzuki shop manual for the 1250 recommends the standard procedure for bleeding front brakes- "squeeze lever, open nipple,, tighten, release."
No mention is made of all the lines connecting to the ABS system, or how to flush old brake fluid out of that system. I can find no mention of anyone flushing the ABS on this forum or others. Air in those lines will have exactly the same effect as air anywhere else, yes?

Any ideas?

Stoneaxe, I've always bled/flushed brakes using that method. You may need to do more if you've replaced brake lines or other parts (except brake pads). I'd start by doing the described method and go from there.

It does make things less messy if you slip a piece of clearish hose over the bleeder nipple and loop it down into a container to catch the old fluid. It also allows you to tell when any air bubbles are bled out and when the fluid starts to become clear.

Also, it may sound non-credible, but I just changed my levers over to performance style ones (I went with $25 ebay ones) and it made a huge difference. I replaced the stockers because one of my levers broke when my bike tipped over. I found that the aftermarket levers have much better feel so I was able to go from 3 fingers to 2 fingers on the brake lever.

Back