• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Let's see your very best photo

Deal's Gap, "Tail of The Dragon"

Attachments

• Capture.jpg
    Capture.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 246
Looking back at this old thread and pondering. How do you chose a Best Photo our of thousands. Or, when going through old photos, which ones grab your attention and make you stare at them awhile.
I guess, that being said, the pic I stare at the most and had a print out on my wall for years is this one.
19Co14800x6002.jpg

I call this photo ...

A cold Monday while retired
e651dbd51ec82f8880aebec8e647f259.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I may have to get me a space heater like that for my garage. I have AC on the garage, but the propane tank did not have a line plumbed to the garage since it did not originally have an AC/furnace unit. When the new AC was installed a month or so back, he asked if I wanted a furnace installed as well, but that would have required running heavier gauge wire from the fuse box to the unit, through a buried conduit that is already packed with other wires... So... no heat.

I call this photo ...

A cold Monday while retired
e651dbd51ec82f8880aebec8e647f259.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I just bought a single burner one of those for my garage/shop. :clap:
Unfortunately, the retire thing is not happening in my picture for awhile. :giveup:

This
f030f879ebc0ecb75e8db89bf0c93e8b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I may have to get me a space heater like that for my garage.

24x54x10' walls ... the double does an adequate job.
It's not sandals and bermuda shorts warm, but makes it bearable.

This heater is on it's 3rd season of the 40lb tank. When I pulled it out of the shed today, it was pretty light, though. So it'll need to be filled soon.

24x54x10' walls ... the double does an adequate job.
It's not sandals and bermuda shorts warm, but makes it bearable.

This heater is on it's 3rd season of the 40lb tank. When I pulled it out of the shed today, it was pretty light, though. So it'll need to be filled soon.

Mine is 24 X 24, insulated walls, garage door, and ceilings. Even when it is cold, once I am out there for a bit, it is not too bad. Having a heater like that to run for a bit before I head out there would be sweet. When it is hot, I go out and start the AC about 10 minutes before I go out to work. It cools down really fast.

Do you use a fan to stir the air for more even heating or just let the rising air from the heater do that?

Mine is 24 X 24, insulated walls, garage door, and ceilings. Even when it is cold, once I am out there for a bit, it is not too bad. Having a heater like that to run for a bit before I head out there would be sweet. When it is hot, I go out and start the AC about 10 minutes before I go out to work. It cools down really fast.

Do you use a fan to stir the air for more even heating or just let the rising air from the heater do that?

I should get a low speed fan to circulate the warm air, but in all honesty the warm air and radiant heat seems to work pretty well.

My favorite picture changes. Sometimes I go back to one I took many years ago and other times one that reminds me of what happened yesterday.

One of the very first pictures from the first ride in 2003 up the Pacific Coast highway.
CiPYbwLDuomO9jvlbo6imaBsfMtWL4vWe3AbzWEDCkQqSvRsgd5FO1NJQun3_hs1l69sxJ1492stQF3yuwF=w848-h636-no.jpg

You wouldn't know it from that picture but we were destined to have the worst argument in as long as we have known each other, later that day. We didn't finish this ride, we split up in Santa Cruz and didn't talk to each other for two years.

In 2014, we finished that ride.
ETz85ved3gVpjvH9YLI7Ou5iRmS6EVy9lcmmIv_N5tTy3yELIS2-uVChiq6oIlxjV6NYTm_TEycHowl69pS=w848-h636-no.jpg

By the way, that is the Bixby Bridge behind us, which is the bridge they filmed part of the opening credits for "then came Bronson", a TV show that influenced both of us.

Last edited:
Favorites are hard but like this one of my 530 hooking up at Stick's in a TORCS ra ce.

Attachments

• 10897794_10206039974737884_2033131120553850157_n.jpg
    10897794_10206039974737884_2033131120553850157_n.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 246
One of those times when returning home and you just have to pull off the road into a rice field and take the camera out.
IMG_1946.jpg

When the drought is over
36ca6380cac852b500d9b87a15e3b10e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back