• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

TWTennesseans? It's been a great ride.....(Now heading to Colorado)

Reaction score
Well, y'all, it has been a bit over 9 years since I discovered the great community that is Two Wheeled Texans.

Thanks to Scott and all the wonderful folks around here I have met great people, bought and sold motorcycles, learned a lot, argued a little, ridden lots of cool places, eaten some pie and generally had a GREAT time enjoying motorcycles and the people they attract.

In about 2 weeks I will be heading east for a big move to Tennessee. As Ausfwife so cleverly pointed out, that means only one "T" click on Amazon to indicate our state now. It also means TWT will still be an appropriate abbreviation!!!

Anyhow, if any of y'all find yourself traveling to or through SE Tennessee over the next few years, please look me up. But, please ride safely and ride carefully and, as Junior Brown sings,...."watch out what you're doin' when you're drivin' my way, If you break the law, you'll hear from me..."

I really hope to see some of y'all in my new state.

-Ausfletch

Re: TWTennesseans? It's been a great ride.....

Well, congratulations on the new job and good luck in Tennessee. You fooled me, I figured that cabin in Colorado was the next stop.

Well, congratulations on the new job and good luck in Tennessee. You fooled me, I figured that cabin in Colorado was the next stop.

Thank you. Please plan to visit. Colorado is still the eventual destination. We are trading Austin for Tennessee not Colorado for Tennessee.

well, you're headed to some beautiful riding country. enjoy the new digs and next season of life. oh, and post address here so we know where to land when we're in that area. ;-)

God bless!

Welcome to the Southeast.
You might find the Blue Ridge Mtns nicer than you think. 3500 ft is sure a lot easier hiking than at 10,000 ft.

So we should expect to see more ride reports... right? :-P

Have fun!

Thank you. I have already been out there several times and even run a trail race and done some trail running. I had considered selling my bike due to the huge impending work commitment but, as soon as I saw the roads, I quickly and firmly changed my mind! I will be living smack dab in the center of downtown Chattanooga for the first year....

well, you're headed to some beautiful riding
country. enjoy the new digs and next season of life. oh, and post address here so we know where to land when we're in that area. ;-)

God bless!

Right? Friends in the area say you can drive less than 2.5 hours and drop the temps 20-30 degrees, too. That's nice.

This is signal point overlook of the Tennessee River gorge where I went for a trail run last Saturday. 15 minute drive from my new place.
-var-tmp-jpgjocydr_800_500_crop_fill.jpg

This is the road to get there....
0611-7422.jpg

Welcome to the Southeast.
You might find the Blue Ridge Mtns nicer than you think. 3500 ft is sure a lot easier hiking than at 10,000 ft.

My brother lives in Chatt. photo looks like the W road, crazy switchback's he has a 84 Yamaha RZ 350 that's very Sweet & a 83 Kawa GPZ 550 & a ol PE 175 that hes rebuilding . Awesome country he lives on Signal mountain, Keep in touch & Ride On..:rider:

at least you're going somewhere nice! i can think of worse places to go. good luck and have fun!

My brother lives in Chatt. photo looks like the W road, crazy switchback's he has a 84 Yamaha RZ 350 that's very Sweet & a 83 Kawa GPZ 550 & a ol PE 175 that hes rebuilding . Awesome country he lives on Signal mountain, Keep in touch & Ride On..:rider:

That is indeed W road going up Signal Mountain. Great place. Road is named that because the curves give it the shape of the letter....

Lotsa great roads there.

Best of luck to you Fred. Growing up military I was used to moving and living in new places. It was always fun to me to learn my way around. Guess I'm kind of jealous. Been in Austin almost 17 years, and 10 in Phoenix before that. Prior to that I moved every 2-3 years all my life. Still get antsy when the geese fly over in the fall...

Anyhow, if any of y'all find yourself traveling to or through SE Tennessee over the next few years, please look me up.
I really hope to see some of y'all in my new state.

-Ausfletch

Well now... that all depends if you'll have enough room in your back yard for all the camping tents!
:trust:
:rider:
:eat:

Just kidding. :lol2:

Welcome to the paradise I lost... :-)

Gotta admit - I'm a bit envious.

Enjoy. Some of the best riding around - and easy to get to in most any direction.

Welcome to Home T. It's uncanny how many people who went to Texas in its early years were from Tennessee. Davy Crockett comes to mind.

Thanks, Rusty. I know I haven't seen folks around here much last couple of years but I will miss knowing y'all are around. Still and all, I am ready to shad the Etcha-Sketch and start a new adventure. Already met some great folks in TN. Hope to see some TWTers out that way, too, someday.

Best of luck to you Fred. Growing up military I was used to moving and living in new places. It was always fun to me to learn my way around. Guess I'm kind of jealous. Been in Austin almost 17 years, and 10 in Phoenix before that. Prior to that I moved every 2-3 years all my life. Still get antsy when the geese fly over in the fall...

You may all go to ****, I think I will go to Texas.... Or something like that.

Welcome to Home T. It's uncanny how many people who went to Texas in its early years were from Tennessee. Davy Crockett comes to mind.

After a lifetime in TX, I am Looking forward to "easy to get to".....

Welcome to the paradise I lost... :-)

Gotta admit - I'm a bit envious.

Enjoy. Some of the best riding around - and easy to get to in most any direction.

Well, it is now. Leaving Chattanooga and headed to Colorado full time in July....

That is a tricky question.

I am going to take at least a full year off. I am not going to seek work. I am not going to work full time again - maybe just some 40 hour 'part time' weeks! :doh:

Been fielding some opportunities to train and consult. Would enjoy doing that overseas.

Oh, and this happened last week...

IMG_3036-M.jpg

Good job, Chief! Are you actually going to retire this time?

Back