• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

New from CT

Joe Mc

Reaction score
Hello folks I live in CT I'm 73 and ride a Harley Softail Custom (pavement only:mrgreen:). I have heard(good things) about this site on another forum and joined to glean some info about your state. I have ridden various areas of the country and your state including the entire coast (beautiful) and plan to tour the Big Bend area and Copper Canyon in October and hopefully acquire and contribute some info myself.
So at the risk of getting ribbed for not posting a pic(as the introductory notice stated) of my bike here it is.
008_zpshf5b9cgq.jpg

Connecticut...home of my favorite chef, Jacques Pepin. Hope you get a chance to ride Texas. PM me if I can be of service.

Welcome aboard! If you're out this way PM me and we can do a run through the Redwoods.

Welcome aboard Joe! Lot's of good info to be gleaned on this site.
Thank you it looks to be a great site.

Connecticut...home of my favorite chef, Jacques Pepin. Hope you get a chance to ride Texas. PM me if I can be of service.
Thanks for the offer if I'm in your area I might just do that.

Welcome aboard! If you're out this way PM me and we can do a run through the Redwoods.
Thank you I've been through the Redwoods and hope to do it again. Beautiful country.

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Soooo... a trip to Big Bend eh? Does this mean you will be getting a dual sport? If you come down in the winter, there are usually some DS bikes available for rent. You get to see a LOT more of the park if you get off the pavement :thumb:

https://gsmmotorent.com/

Welcome, Joe!

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Welcome to the site! :wave:

Soooo... a trip to Big Bend eh? Does this mean you will be getting a dual sport? If you come down in the winter, there are usually some DS bikes available for rent. You get to see a LOT more of the park if you get off the pavement :thumb:

https://gsmmotorent.com/
Thanks for the welcome TM. No on the dual sport. I'll stick with the pavement. I used to ride the dirt in the 70's (1972 Yamaha 250 c.c.) but I'm getting a little long in the tooth for that now. Arthritic hip, shoulder injuries etc. Ah the Golden Years but I'll take 'em and not complain considering the alternative.:rider:

Back