• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Greetings from yet another new guy...

Reaction score
Hi there,

I just registered with this Forum and wanted to say hello! My current ride is an '07 Aprilia Tuono, which is my first real sportbike. Been riding for almost 25 years: my first bike (not counting 50cc mopeds) was an '84 125cc Yamaha enduro; prior to the "Ape", I had an '01 BMW 1150 GS, and a '99 H-D FXDX before that.

I'm kinda new to Dallas (my wife is from here, though): I grew up in Europe and have lived all over the States (AZ, CO, SoCal, NorCal, VA, GA), but Texas is definitely starting to feel like home. I'm just north of Downtown (Lemmon & Tollway area).

I look forward to hanging out on this Forum, and to go on some rides out of town with y'all! :rider:

Take it easy,

Lars

Howdy, hey and welcome Lars. TWTex is a great forum with some really nice people.

Lars? You're not form Metalicca are you? :mrgreen:

Welcome to the site. TX is a great place. Born n raised in Dallas and I gotta tell you, I'm more partial to Cowtown. Regular people live in Cowtown, Dallas is a bit too pretentious for me.

Be sure and check rides section. You can meet the Dallas folk in Plano or the FtW folk somewhere in Tarrant Co. Post a ride and you'll have some people join in.

Welcome! You'll have to make a trip to the FW side and stop in at Eurosport and check out all the Euro goodies...Ducati, Triumph, Bimota, Aprilia, Moto Guzzi...:rider:

Thanks! Here's a larger version of the pic (hope I'm posting it correctly):

210225200-M.jpg

This bike is FUN: tons of power, great V-twin sound, and a comfortable riding position! :rider:

Best regards,

Lars

And also a father of twins, like you! :sun: My girls were born in '05, so I'm pretty new at this parenting stuff! ;-)

Thanks for the welcomes so far, folks! This seems like a nice place to hang out...

You are getting close to see the light at the end of the tunnel. Once my girls turned 3 y.o. things started getting easier. Now that my daughters take the school bus I can even use the bike to commute :rider:

This is definetely a nice place to hang out. Check the Pie Run schedule and try to make it to some. It is nice to put faces to the names (not always nice faces though :-P )

Back