• Welcome to the Two Wheeled Texans community! Feel free to hang out and lurk as long as you like. However, we would like to encourage you to register so that you can join the community and use the numerous features on the site. After registering, don't forget to post up an introduction!

Veracruz - A few pictures

Reaction score
Here's a few reasons to come and visit down here in Veracruz. If you've already ridden here, maybe the pics will convince you to come back!

Grab something cold or hot and kickback for a few minutes.

MiketakingphotoLosHumerosPuebla_zpsbf98935f.jpg

One of the things I like to do. Taking pictures above 8,000ft on a curvy road.

Desayunodeloscampeones_zpsb21472b4.jpg

One of the things I like to eat. Picadas with salsa chipotle, chorizo, and fresh onion. Your visor will never fog and your Airhawk will never be the same.

07_zps41d41335.jpg

Dawn on the coast highway. Vapor trails at sunrise.

RocaPartida11_zps38189b09.jpg

Local wildlife

CamelnearElRecreo_zpscddfed4a.jpg

Skinnier, recently immigrated local wildlife

19_zps271e6a81.jpg

Porkier local wildlife, time to lay off the picadas!

ElVenaoElVenao_zps8f66ccd2.jpg

Hidden local wildlife

ImWatchingYouToo_zpsfb5dc749.jpg

Former local wildlife.

05_zps7e066a51.jpg

Ahoy!

DCStormhardatwork_zpsd9126063.jpg

Visiting wildlife

925ambreakbeforetheridge_zps1f28f9b0.jpg

Heading for over 14,000ft

9ambacklook_zps38ddd746.jpg

Mountain meadow

915amMissionandtheTelescope_zps684279dc.jpg

The old and the new

HiddenPico_zpsfcc5f230.jpg

Near Acocomotla

CofreconJorgeylasmotos_zps1607221f.jpg

Attempting the Cofre de Perote climb. The ride up is not the problem, it is the ride down that gets real interesting on those tires.

ViewofCiudadMendoza_zps8ad79344.jpg

View of Ciudad Mendoza in the Orizaba valley from the "Stairway to Heaven" leading to the first of two Atzompas, the drops here are best avoided.

23_zpsa3358b32.jpg

Halfway deep into the "Sierra Fria" panorama of Xoxocotla

06NearingthePueblastateline_zpsd742804d.jpg

Deeper into the "Sierra Fria" in Tehuipango, start brushing up on your Orizaba dialect of Nahuatl and you can use it at the Pemex stations back in here.

16_zps5431c24f.jpg

3 degrees of separation from el Pico

LaBarrancanearTotutla_zpsff46e76a.jpg

Barranca leading towards Jalcomulco outside of Totutla

18_zpsda74e2f2.jpg

Racing the train on the Serdan Altiplano just over the state line in Puebla.

PeakandSky_zpsaed1cc38.jpg

El Pico de Orizaba doing her thang!

15_zps0fcd6870.jpg

Veracruz as seen from Boca del Rio

ResizedWindowsversion_zpsfa768e4c.jpg

Patiently waited for the light to get this shot on the old "5 Haciendas route" from Guadalupe Victoria, Puebla to Ciudad Serdan, Puebla

Ditrece_zps327cfb4f.jpg

New bypass of Xalapa (you can forget about the nightmare of traffic in Xalapa) is open. Also, there is the cuota road from Xalapa to Perote so you can do Veracruz to Perote in 1:15mins if you are hauling the mail on a Sunday morning or afternoon.

NearElHuerfanoinColor_zpse7f77d3b.jpg

Looking down into what Andres and Arte call "Greenland", near Colipa and Juichique de Ferrer on the road to El Huarfano, Veracruz

24_zps1e62f45f.jpg

Buy me breakfast and I'll tell you two very interesting stories about the place in this shot.

NaolincoLookout_zps35295518.jpg

Naolinco lookout

Village02_zps09d68b5b.jpg

Friendly little mountain village

PeaceonEarth_zpscc234e14.jpg

Learning to fly? Or yearning to?

PeroteinClouds_zps9b06c0ed.jpg

Clouds and dust storm over Perote as seen from the road to Los Humeros outside of Maztaloya and El Frijol Colorado, right smack dab on the Veracruz-Puebla state line

AlhuacatoStaMariadelMonte_zpsdf324ea5.jpg

Typical mountain road heading up towards around 9,000ft and empty for the most part, as usual

11LagunaLaPreciosaPuebla_zpsbda0eb90.jpg

Lagoon outside of Alchichica, Puebla but not the Alchichica lagoon, that's a different one

06Youcanleadahorsetowater_zps3ba1a1ee.jpg

Time to water the horse and see a man about another one

0_zpsbe0830c8.jpg

We'll cap this off with a shot from a dead arrow straight stretch of road on the way to La Cantona (archeological ruins site) across the state line in Puebla. This straightaway is more than 5 miles (at least) and if you catch it on a chilly morning, just after dawn, and everything is right in the universe, you can hear the voice of Burt Munro from Invercargill, telling you to pin it WFO!

Thanks for looking at the pics. This is all located about 600 easy Mexican miles from you guys in Texas. That's a long one day or an easy two day ride away. Beats crossing Mexico to get to the Pacific. LOL!:rider:

Thanks Tourmeister for the lesson in pic posting! Gracias!

All pics were shot with either my old Nokia cell phone, and a Fuji or a Samsung pocket camera. DSLR's are for the high rollers!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dang it, all!

Looks like the pics are not coming through.
Sorry about that, but if you click on each one it will take you to the photo in the album.
I feel like a doofus after all that work. Live and learn, I guess!

The links have to be to an image file, like a JPG, GIF, etc,... All of the links in your post don't actually point to a specific image file. They all end with something like ".html?sort=3&o=37" after the name of the image. I have never used PhotoBucket, but most hosting sites have a spot where you can grab a link for posting in forums.

Okay, when you are viewing one of your photos, look in the lower right corner of the screen where it says "Image Links". You want the "IMG Code". Just copy that and paste it directly into your post. It already includes the

Ok, thanks!
I was doing it the way I do it on the ADV forum.
I'll give it a shot and get it right.

Ok, thanks!
I was doing it the way I do it on the ADV forum.
I'll give it a shot and get it right.

Should be the same here as we are using the same forum software as Advrider :shrug:

It is the same software, you are correct! But it is Wednesday morning:sun: so I will blame it on that:trust: rather than my slow synapses!:eek2:

Very nice pictures, I love mountains...

Back